Ahhh......Sirloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Sirloin has been scarce around here for some reason lately, but my wife finally found some on sale last night. I realized why I love this cut so much and how much I missed it!!! It's definitely my favorite cut of beef......cheap but delicious and if cooked properly it's tender too!

Seasoned these with salt, pepper and garlic. Also grilled potatoes, red bell pepper, asparagus and zuchini that was marinated in Italian dressing. My wife also made some cucumbers that were marinated in Italian dressing.

I used the last of Stubbs charcoal and can't be more please at how good it cooks, but it still has a horrible odor and alot of smoke when it's first lit. I'm going to get a couple more bags and see if they have the same problem. Even if they do, I will still buy more because it doesn't effect the cook.

img_185182_0_82b620406a57d46ad943984cc09d98e5.jpg
img_185182_1_919ca9415020fcdab8e6bd9930f377cd.jpg
img_185182_2_f7f2a5d263776fa588ba9e6f58959c34.jpg
img_185182_3_cfbe378aabbf6e704491642860ce23ea.jpg
img_185182_4_ca5050731c3d8d7733e0dfb8073404a2.jpg

big dude said:
Man that looks great. Did you cook the taters some prior to grilling :?: :?:

Nope, they were the canned new potatoes, so they were cooked prior to canning I think.

Captain Morgan said:
wow, I like the idea of the potatos. Did you season them
at all, or just take FRESH OUT DA can and on to the grill?

Let them sit in some Italian Dressing for a bit, but you can certainly season them up!

Fine job Larry!! Yeppers person have to go to chuck to come up with a mo betta flavor than sirloin. As a youngster we didnt have steak often but when we did it was sirloin. Dont recall the grading system for them days but would say the grocery store models would have to be ranked at least Choice or higher by todays standards. Don't recall ever hitting a real tough one. Nowadays have found a person stick with CAB or at least Choice they is generally tender enough to grill. Now when they get into Select it sometimes hard to stick a fork in the gravy. Kewlish idear on the canned tates. Never woulda thought of that :LOL:

bigwheel

That's uptown Larry, I'm with you on the Sirloin. I was thinking about them today, your post sealed the deal - Gonna get one this week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom