Aged ribeye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
Blasted this baby with a coffee based rub at 550 using a 12 minute 4 flip method. 3-3-3-3 turning 90 at each move. Great crust!

img_216314_0_9941ec3f37cad4a266bdd876bed95176.jpg

Served up with some kicked up augratin tators and seasoned greens from a can.

img_216314_1_6acbb479ce4ea534dc3b7b88ded79425.jpg

My favorite. Thanks for the pict. Never did understand why folks slave of Brisket for hours when you can do that in minutes. I'm hungry.

Man that's a nice job on the ribeye Ron ;)
Sure makes a man hongry for steak Right NOW!

8)

Do look mighty laurapin Ron and great tip on that 3 x 3 strategy. Filing that away in the tattered remains of the old memory banks as we speak. Kindly expound on the aging angle if/when you got time. Thanks.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Do look mighty laurapin Ron and great tip on that 3 x 3 strategy. Filing that away in the tattered remains of the old memory banks as we speak. Kindly expound on the aging angle if/when you got time. Thanks.

bigwheel

It came that way. I can't say it was worth the extra price though.

Ahhh ok...gotcha. Where you get em? Let me take a wild guess..Allen Bro's in Chicago? That is where about 99.999% of the fancy smancy steak houses in this area do their chopping for such niceities. Least that is whut the wine salesman claim. Our hero Maja Rushie highly recommends their hot dawgs too. That is enough to push me over the edge to order some one of these days. Maybe when the warden hits the lotto or something. Or perhaps when my humpback brudder ever straighten himself up:)

bigwheel

It's called the flip a bunch of times method. The more you open the lid to flip it, the more smoke you get in your eyes. That way it seems like a low and slow, but condensed into a shorter time frame. ;) :roll: :LOL:

bigwheel said:
Ahhh ok...gotcha. Where you get em? Let me take a wild guess..Allen Bro's in Chicago? That is where about 99.999% of the fancy smancy steak houses in this area do their chopping for such niceities. Least that is whut the wine salesman claim. Our hero Maja Rushie highly recommends their hot dawgs too. That is enough to push me over the edge to order some one of these days. Maybe when the warden hits the lotto or something. Or perhaps when my humpback brudder ever straighten himself up:)

bigwheel

BW, you ever try one of those Snake River Farms Wagyu briskets??? I cooked my first one a while back and was very happy. Still didn't do worth a crap in placing in the comp, but I sure ate good!

Dem ribeyes came from Whole Paycheck.

Hmmm neva hear of that place. I best go Topekain and look that place up. Thanks. No I aint had the pleasure of one of them Ywyogi or Kobi. I heard it is real good.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom