Advice on ribs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justaguy

Sous Chef
I know that a few of you guys have done high heat ribs but, trying to search here is like trying to herd cats. I wanna do some this weekend any info?

Harry Soo told me at a competiton, that the fat renders better at 270-275 and that is what he cooks at. I've never done higher. I have done Memphis Grilled Dry Rub Ribs where the were grilled 15 min per side over med coals, (bb backs) mopped and heavly dusted with Rub. Good but tought!

What kind of ribs? I have done bbs at around 300 deg and spares at around 275 deg. I check the bbs at 90 min using a toothpick and the spares at around the 3 hour mark using the toothpick. Once I discover soft butter when sticking the ribs with the toothpick I call em done and pull them off of the cooker.

-Don

JIMMYJAM said:
I did not know there was a fast rib? can I ask whats the rush?

I found one lonely rack in the freezer. Seems like a waste of fuel to smoke them, so I'll either go buy some more or cook them fast.
A while back there were a lot of posts on ribs done fast on a kettle, and I though I might try it.

Man! Larry tried grilling ribs a while back with just salt and pepper. Alot of us tried them and they were great.
But I can't find the damn link.
Check with him.

Back
Top Bottom