Advice needed (Finished Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry I didn't see this post sooner...however the roast looks great [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

I just want to add from a chef's point of view or experience, if you all cook your roasts for 30 minutes at 500 - 550 to sear and brown....then lower the heat to 250 and cook to an internal of 125 - 130. You we yield a better roast with less shrinkage and the juicy red color will be more uniform throughout, instead of the outer third being medium to well done and the center being medium to rare, your roast will be a more consistent "fully cooked" med rare with a suculent red thoughout the entire roast.

I've cooked roasts for hundreds and this has I do it with great sucess!

Hope I didn't bore you all :tired

Northsmoke said:
Sorry I didn't see this post sooner...however the roast looks great [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

I just want to add from a chef's point of view or experience, if you all cook your roasts for 30 minutes at 500 - 550 to sear and brown....then lower the heat to 250 and cook to an internal of 125 - 130. You we yield a better roast with less shrinkage and the juicy red color will be more uniform throughout, instead of the outer third being medium to well done and the center being medium to rare, your roast will be a more consistent "fully cooked" med rare with a suculent red thoughout the entire roast.

I've heard of other people cooking it like that with great results also.

Northsmoke said:

Thats some good advice thanks...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom