A little pizza for lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Picked up a large pizza at Costco this morning and decided to cook it my grill. Added some mushrooms with a little top coat of vegetable oil. Put some apple wood on the coals for smoke. Came out pretty tasty.

Also had some ice cold beers to wash it down. Nice afternoon snack.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That looks so good, it gives me dirty thoughts! Well done 'ol boy! Now if you only had some leftover BBQ Chicken to top that sucker with; I'd be in the truck right now on my way over! :)

Great looking pizza. Pizza is one thing I can't get right on the grill. I bought a pizza stone to try just haven't yet.

Good looken pie Lew. Was it offset the wohle time. I cook mine on a stone from BBQs Galore with a small amount of coal under the stone.

P.S. Is the Weber history????

Tri Tip said:
Good looken pie Lew. Was it offset the wohle time. I cook mine on a stone from BBQs Galore with a small amount of coal under the stone.

Hey Mike, the pizza stone was over direct coals. I use the center section of the grill for the coals most of the time. I had to move the stone off to the side after the second half of the pizza was cooked. It started getting the bottom to dark. It worked so nice that we made a run to the store for more pizzas just so we could keep cooking more.

The Weber isn't history. I used the Performer last night to grill some fish and I got two pork butts to go into the WSM today. We just one big happy family of three right now.

Smokey Lew said:
[quote="Tri Tip":vwfsvacs]Good looken pie Lew. Was it offset the wohle time. I cook mine on a stone from BBQs Galore with a small amount of coal under the stone.

Hey Mike, the pizza stone was over direct coals. I use the center section of the grill for the coals most of the time. I had to move the stone off to the side after the second half of the pizza was cooked. It started getting the bottom to dark. It worked so nice that we made a run to the store for more pizzas just so we could keep cooking more.

The Weber isn't history. I used the Performer last night to grill some fish and I got two pork butts to go into the WSM today. We just one big happy family of three right now.[/quote:vwfsvacs]

Thanks for the 411 Lew. I buy the premaid dough from the store and all the fixens. Costs as much as one from our favorite Pizza restaurant. The misses gives me dirty looks cause I have yet to pull one off. Even when its cooked perfect it still doesn't taste as good as the joint down the street and we spent the same $. However it does have that Mmmm smokey flavor.

Back
Top Bottom