41.6oz top sirloin........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckeye_Nut

Senior Cook
Don't laugh.....heh
I may have gone a tad bit overboard at the meat counter.........(maybe the seasoning too)
img_242813_0_45333690047d5f6ed3edb0d2ef447de1.jpg

Seasoned with olive oil, grill mates rub, and a light coating of garlic and herb marinade. The the rib-eye on the left is 16oz to give proper perspective.

This steak might take awhile to grill. I figured because it's such a big piece of meat, I decided to use extra seasoning because it'll be sliced thin to eat...

The grill is pre-heating now ;)

What a light wt! ;) :LOL:

When will it be done? I'm hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buckeye_Nut said:
Don't laugh.....heh
I may have gone a tad bit overboard at the meat counter.........(maybe the seasoning too)
img_242818_0_45333690047d5f6ed3edb0d2ef447de1.jpg

Seasoned with olive oil, grill mates rub, and a light coating of garlic and herb marinade. The the rib-eye on the left is 16oz to give proper perspective.

This steak might take awhile to grill. I figured because it's such a big piece of meat, I decided to use extra seasoning because it'll be sliced thin to eat...
The grill is pre-heating now ;)

I would recommend a 'reverse sear' on the sirloin!!!

Well Larry, I did reverse sear a little bit!!!! I went with about 400-450deg direct heat for about 8-9 minutes a side to start. Then dropped the temps to around 300 or so for indirect for about 35 minutes. Side 2 didn't get seared as well as I wanted, so I placed back on direct heat for another 5 at the end to finish things up......the meat came off the fire at precisely 130deg internal. Total grill time was about 55 minutes.....

Now it's resting....it should turn out to be a very nice medium rare!!!!
img_242819_0_f0f14698ea5dc209f54ea3d4a6f4d33a.jpg

I'll be slicing it up in a few..............I can't wait to see how it looks on the inside :D

I'm boozing a bit...expect some late night follow-up pics.......LOL

dollarbill said:
That sounds like a double reverse sear. ;)
No, reverse sear is low first, high second. I don't do reverse sear, grill it on high till it's done. I also pull mine off at 125* tops. That was a mans size peace of dinner. Larry wouldn't know about that! I'm sure he goes petite!

I'm not complaining........
img_242822_0_cbac4804c47d50070aadf1cd01390f79.jpg

Slice and eat as finger food.....melt in your mouth yumminess!! What is surprising to me is how moist the meat is without it filling the place with juice after cutting.

Nick Prochilo said:
dollarbill said:
That sounds like a double reverse sear. ;)
No, reverse sear is low first, high second. I don't do reverse sear, grill it on high till it's done. I also pull mine off at 125* tops. That was a mans size peace of dinner. Larry wouldn't know about that! I'm sure he goes petite!

You're plain ass stupid.

Now, now boys, just send it to me and I'll eat it. Do try the real reverse sear sometime, I've had great success. Larry knows about it, but I'm sure Captain Morgan invented it ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom