40 cloves and chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Saw an episode of Good Eats and AB made some chicken using 40 cloves of garlic and I decided to give it a try. All I had was chicken thighs instead of a whole chicken and I used some Knox's Yummy Chicken Seasoning instead of just thyme.

Cooked chicken direct in a little olive oil in a CI frying pan about 5 min each side with some Lawry's seasoning salt and pepper. Then added some more olive oil, Knox's Yummy chicken and 40 cloves of garlic and moved indirect.
img_222684_0_54bdb231058a4fd3b1d35bc14c223d82.jpg

Cooked at 350*f for 1.5 hours.
img_222684_1_d38670df7d18b704d2f5727a7e8a782a.jpg

Brushed some oil from the CI pan on a sourdough baguette and toasted.
img_222684_2_41a38b3102bdbc10732e5a383175db4a.jpg

Plated.
Made some mock mashed potatoes using cauliflower and spread some of the garlic on the bread. Great tasting meal if you love garlic. Sorry for the sub par pics, had the camera on the wrong setting.

img_222684_3_bf88076b5cefd8eb32ddcbecd3454fa5.jpg

Looks mighty tasty. Tell us about them mock mashed tates when you get time. I been trying to cut back on the carbs to retain my youthful figger. Thanks.

bigwheel

Only possible improvement to this recipe would be a Scope mouthwash chaser. It looks really really good as I love garlic.

bigwheel said:
Looks mighty tasty. Tell us about them mock mashed tates when you get time. I been trying to cut back on the carbs to retain my youthful figger. Thanks.

bigwheel

Just Google mock garlic mashed potatoes and you'll get pages to pick from. I just cooked the cauliflower cut in chunks in some chicken broth, drained, added some garlic smashed from the chicken, a little sour cream, shredded cheese and used a potato masher to mash everything together.

Ok thanks. I run this idear of subbing mushed up callflower for mashed tates by the Warden last night and she said something like yuck. Swear I'm gonna backhand the fire out of that woman one of these days. I think since the cheese and garlic wasnt mentioned she may change her tune on the topic when I splains that part to her.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom