18.6 lb Standing Rib Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
In the past 4 years my wife’s granddad has managed to overcook, undercook and even set on fire a rib roast. Yep he set it on fire the past two years. Always a nice way to waste a $130+ hunk of meat. No thermometers, no drip pans, doesn’t even know what temp his gasser is cooken at. Just let her rip! :supz: This year the task of turkey was taken away from me and the roast was delegated to yours truly. Rubbed it with olive oil and my own Santa Maria seasoning. Seared and let it roast for another 2 + hours. I did over cook it just a hair (drunk). :rolleyes: Final temp was 143 not too bad but a bit more than I like. Also made some au jus and horseradish sauce. Here is the bummer. I got hit with a tooth ache Wednesday night and had to go in for oral surgery this morning. I didn’t even eat one oz of anything. I did however, consumed an entire bottle of tequila :drinkers: to help squash the waves of excruciating pain, but not one oz of food on the best day of the year and I still have two more surgeries. I was able to finally taste the roast this evening but it’s just not the same 24 hours later. :-?

Oh My God! Excellent looking roast! Sucks about your tooth but if I was a betting man, I'd bet your cooking the roast again next year!

Wow 18+ lbs. and looks perfect. Toothaches are some of the worst pain there is. Luckily you had a bottle of one of the best pain relievers out there!

Back
Top Bottom