You gotta be @$#%&@ kidding me....SOTB related

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
better news...the bastard weakens...but we're still dead center in the projected path...

Katrina weakened a couple of times and built back up before it ripped New Orleans a new "A" hole.
And the last map had it to the bottom of SC on Friday... this on has it to NC Friday afternoon.

We're getting wet. :?

I like Finneys "Im waterproof" attitude. I would like to come to this event. Maybe if $ allows, next year.

brian j said:
yea, you guys are going to get wet. here are a couple of tips i picked up at the salisbury, md contest where the rain poured down and the wind blew it into every nic and cranny.

1. get a clamp and then roll the tents of both easiy ups together. this created a channel moving the water to the outsides of the tent as opposed to down the middle where the join.

2. use duct tape to tape the poles from both tents together instead of zip ties. it's stronger.

3. if you're on concrete put buckets filled with water under the four corner tent poles and then tie the handle of the bucket to the tent frame. if not invest in good guide lines.

4. if you only have sides to one of your easy ups setup the sides in a L shape so they block the wind.

5. drink more beer

We've gotta "Gutters" thanks to Finney for the EZ-Ups. We've also got walls and awnings for both EZ-Up and buckets to hold down the fort. The beer is a given!! Woo hoo!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="brian j":1navc9rf]yea, you guys are going to get wet. here are a couple of tips i picked up at the salisbury, md contest where the rain poured down and the wind blew it into every nic and cranny.

1. get a clamp and then roll the tents of both easiy ups together. this created a channel moving the water to the outsides of the tent as opposed to down the middle where the join.

2. use duct tape to tape the poles from both tents together instead of zip ties. it's stronger.

3. if you're on concrete put buckets filled with water under the four corner tent poles and then tie the handle of the bucket to the tent frame. if not invest in good guide lines.

4. if you only have sides to one of your easy ups setup the sides in a L shape so they block the wind.

5. drink more beer

We've gotta "Gutters" thanks to Finney for the EZ-Ups. We've also got walls and awnings for both EZ-Up and buckets to hold down the fort. The beer is a given!! Woo hoo!![/quote:1navc9rf]
And the really good Wild Turkey. One hand to hold on to the EZ-Up... one to hold my Wild Turkey glass. ;)

beer in one of my hands, trophy in the other.

August 29, 2006

Time: 12:00 p.m.

Tropical Storm Ernesto Update:

Horry County Moves to OPCON 3

Conway, South Carolina – Horry County has moved to a Level 3 Operating Condition (OPCON 3) in preparation of Tropical Storm Ernesto. OPCON 3 means that the storm poses a significant threat to Horry County. County officials have had continual discussions with South Carolina Emergency Management, coastal communities including local municipalities, and will continue to monitor the situation closely.

The National Hurricane Center currently is forecasting Ernesto to make landfall in Charleston as a tropical storm midday Thursday, although there is a potential for it to intensify into a hurricane. Expected effects for Horry County could be a storm surge of three to four feet, which includes high tide, beach erosion with a more significant impact for the Cherry Grove and Garden City Beach areas. Three to five inches of rain is forecasted with the potential of seven inches locally, which will produce flooding, and the potential for isolated tornadoes. Horry County could start to feel the impact of the storm late Wednesday evening into early Friday morning, with the greatest impact occurring midday on Thursday.

In preparation for the storm, Horry County anticipates a partial activation of their Emergency Operations Center (E.O.C.) tomorrow morning.

With the anticipated rain amounts, citizens should start to survey their property to mitigate the potential of flooding like making sure storm drains and gutters are clear of debris. It is also advised that people avoid moving water, flooded areas and downed power lines.

Citizens should also have their family hurricane plans in place; including items that may be needed like water, batteries, flashlights, etc. Additional hurricane information can be found on Horry County’s website at www.horrycounty.org. On the right side of the home page, you will see a link called Hurricane Information. This link contains information on how to prepare for an emergency, evacuation routes and maps, re-entry information, shelters, etc.

# # #

Lisa H. Bourcier
Director of Public Information
Horry County

That don't sound too bad.......
5.gif

ok it sounds bad

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="brian j":13ded7ix]yea, you guys are going to get wet. here are a couple of tips i picked up at the salisbury, md contest where the rain poured down and the wind blew it into every nic and cranny.

5. drink more beer

We've gotta "Gutters" thanks to Finney for the EZ-Ups. We've also got walls and awnings for both EZ-Up and buckets to hold down the fort. The beer is a given!! Woo hoo!!
And the really good Wild Turkey. One hand to hold on to the EZ-Up... one to hold my Wild Turkey glass. ;)[/quote:13ded7ix]

Is that possible??

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3u2095sz][quote="brian j":3u2095sz]yea, you guys are going to get wet. here are a couple of tips i picked up at the salisbury, md contest where the rain poured down and the wind blew it into every nic and cranny.

5. drink more beer

And the really good Wild Turkey. One hand to hold on to the EZ-Up... one to hold my Wild Turkey glass. ;)[/quote:3u2095sz]

Is that possible?? [/quote:3u2095sz]

1511.jpg
Yes. ;)

DON"T WORRY!!!! NOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT OVER US BY MONDAY COMPLETELY KILLING MY $2000 GIG FOR THE DAY!!!!!!!!!

Woodman said:
DON"T WORRY!!!! NOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT OVER US BY MONDAY COMPLETELY KILLING MY $2000 GIG FOR THE DAY!!!!!!!!!

Sheeeeeeewwwww, what a relief!

:And the really good Wild Turkey. One hand to hold on to the EZ-Up... one to hold my Wild Turkey glass. ;) [/quote]

I think I would just drink straight from the bottle, cause if yer holdin the tent with one hand and holdin the turkey with the other, then you have no way to refill the glass. Just hold the bottle, when its gone you wont need to worry about no storm, you will never know it even happened!![/quote]
I like the way you think.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom