woodman3222 with frozen few cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodman3222

Senior Cook
A strange night. Getting home from the indoor golf tournament and bar hopping all day. I started at 11 pm Saturday night. Temp was 31dropped down to 30 no wind. Coyotes hollowing all night. Put on the 10-1/2 pound butt, brisket and 2 rack of ribs. Ribs done at 6, butt done at 7:30. Seriously confused on why the butt was done in 71/2 hours. Used a different meat supplier for the butt. I was figuring 15 hours for the butt. Never had one finish so fast. I cooked at 225 to 230. I just wrapped it and put it in a cooler. That was supposed to be for dinner tonight. What do you think it will be if I keep it in the cooler for 5 hours and have it for lunch. Would it be any good in cooler for 10 hours for dinner.

Brisket is where I figure it should be for temperature at this time into cook.

What was the temp when you pulled it? I assume you calibrated your them?

But I'm with Cliff, 10 hours in just a cooler and your probably looking at the danger zone. I'd pull it NOW, bag it, and re-heat at dinner time.... or keep it in a 200 degree oven all day:shock:....but you'd probably start to loose some moisture due to evaporation.

I agree put that butt in the fridge... 1st wrap it in saran wrap, tightly, then wrap tightly in foil.... in a preheated 275 heating vessel, reheat for a little over and hour.. put a thermometer to it and pull at 160,

ScottyDaQ said:
What was the temp when you pulled it? I assume you calibrated your them?

But I'm with Cliff, 10 hours in just a cooler and your probably looking at the danger zone. I'd pull it NOW, bag it, and re-heat at dinner time.... or keep it in a 200 degree oven all day:shock:....but you'd probably start to loose some moisture due to evaporation.

I have not pulled it yet. Themo's are correct. I checked with 2 of them. The bone is just falling off. I am wondering if it is the size of the bone in the butt that threw the time off.

woodman3222 said:
I am wondering if it is the size of the bone in the butt that threw the time off.

:shock: That is just wrong, on so many levels . . .

Adrienne said:
woodman3222 said:
I am wondering if it is the size of the bone in the butt that threw the time off.

:shock: That is just wrong, on so many levels . . .
and to think that someone here said you were a "class act" :LOL:
Gotta watch the size of the bone :shock:

Uncle Bubba said:
Should ask Puff. He's had quite a few big bones in his. ;)

my fingers are in my ears . . . and I'm singing la la la la la la

There are some things even I do not need to know :LOL:

Adrienne said:
Uncle Bubba said:
Should ask Puff. He's had quite a few big bones in his. ;)

my fingers are in my ears . . . and I'm singing la la la la la la
There are some things even I do not need to know :LOL:

Wow, is that an S&M thing. Cool 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom