Where to eat in Charleston, SC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want "New South" cuisine, go to Magnolias . I have eaten there several times and love it, but it is $$$!

Woodman said:
If you want "New South" cuisine, go to Magnolias . I have eaten there several times and love it, but it is $$$!

I'm too poor to be picky. New south, old south, middle earth south, don't care so long as its good.

LowRent said:
Woodman said:

I'm too poor to be picky. New south, old south, middle earth south, don't care so long as its good.

Go to the Boulevard Dinner in Mt. Pleasant. Best cheap (if any of it is) food in the area. The Mustard Seed in Mt. Pleasant is another one with great food and cheaper than downtown Charleston prices.

Alright, I did go to Cosmic dog. Very good. I had the Cosmic Dog & asked the owner to give me whatever Alton Brown ate. The owner gave us what he said Alton had on his first visit--which, if you're interested, I characterized as a "little bit of everything."

Never did to BBQ. The wife had an upset stomach... she'd kill me if she knew I wrote that but I did want to leave some sort of explanation given the nature of this forum.

That said, I really liked Hyman's Seafood if anyone is interested. Highly recommended.

It appears Alton will be highlighting Jack's Cosmic Dogs on Feasting on Asphalt. I wonder what he'll be ordering this time. My goal is to get the itenerary and get a Pic of Alton and Bizzaro Alton Brown(Finney) standing side by side. It will be an occassion fit to frame. :razz: :grin:

Good Q!

Jack

Back
Top Bottom