We're off for the Queen City and the Big D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings From The Big D!

Hey everyone! We just made it to Dallas about an hour ago. I can now say I'm officially recovered from the Cincinnati Comp. Got my first good nights sleep yesterday (went to bed at 7 pm, I'm ashamed to say but I needed it.

We ate at Coriky's yesterday. My wife and I had the rib platter ( a whole rack of Spares). I could definitely detect a smoke ring but the ribs were just fair. Not very meaty or flavorable. The beans were nothing to write home about either, nor was the Onion loaf. The highlight of the meal though were the hush puppies and the banana pudding which were both excellent. Still searching for a BBQ restaurant that I'd go back to. So far I haven't found it!

Hoping to get to try McClards in Hot Springs this weekend!

Tomorrow morning we head over to Jamies. We'll spend a good part of the day seasoning the meat. I'll also be picking up the wood and meat for the comp. Looking forward to meeting and cooking with Cliff on Friday. I'll try and post some pictures of the pit tomorrow!

Dallas

Good luck Dallas!
Looks like DD BBQ is the team to watch out for.
DD you really know how to pick these contests with the best teams participating,is that by design or ya don't know any better?.. :LOL: just kidding,i remember you've beaten on them before. ;)
By the way,cool name for your Geer mobile pit-"the meat" :)

Thanks, BBQmmmmmmmmmmmm! Now if I were a betting man I'd be putting my money on Rod Gray, Mike Davis, Johnny Trigg or Byron Chism but with 101 teams competing anybody and everybody has got a shot. Consistency will win this contest and by that I mean in the top 20 in each of the 4 categories. It should be a great time and we are really looking forward of just kind of being there and taking it all in.

Well if i as a betting man i would bet that your memory is not that great,ya beat at least one of them 3 or 4x,and another,,ohhh i see your strategy. :LOL:
Of course having a great time and taking it all in is more important.

Kloset BBQR said:
Thanks, BBQmmmmmmmmmmmm! Now if I were a betting man I'd be putting my money on Rod Gray, Mike Davis, Johnny Trigg or Byron Chism but with 101 teams competing anybody and everybody has got a shot. Consistency will win this contest and by that I mean in the top 20 in each of the 4 categories. It should be a great time and we are really looking forward of just kind of being there and taking it all in.

Piss on these guys Dallas. Beat their asses. ;)

Great showing congrats. Course everybody knows the only reason Trigg goes up North so much is to pick on cripples. He seems to get his big coola quicked purty fast in Tejas. Now can't fling them kinda insults at Mike. He kicks booty in Texas too. Now kindly don't quote me on none of this..I just passing on the gossip:)

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom