VENDING FOR RAGBRAI-BIKE RIDE ACROSS IOWA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hawk wild bbq co

Senior Cook
I am going to be vending for ragbrai which is a cross state bike ride expecting 12,000 - 14,000 riders for the overnight on the last leg of a week long ride. We will be situated between the campground and the place the 38 special concert will be held for them that night...my question is how do I decide how much meat I will need to feed them plus all the sight seers that will be there for the concert. They all have to walk past our vend tent to get there.

Let's see . . . 12,000 x 0.5 lb. each on the low end for riders = 6,000 lb. of meat or 4.29 cows (For medium-framed cows, the average weight can be from 1000 to 1600 lbs. I used 1,400 lbs. for this calculation).

On the high end for riders, you probably should bring 5 cows. Now adding in a little extra for the sight seers is a bit tricky. You probably should bring an extra cow or two and play it by ear as the day goes on.

Good luck on your gig. :LOL:

I cant seem to find out...but now that I have looked into it the city wants to charge me 400 bones on top of a temp license to sell from a friend of mines parking lot. Not sure if I am going to pursue or not. Hate to invest to much and come out with to little...

hawk wild bbq co said:
I cant seem to find out...but now that I have looked into it the city wants to charge me 400 bones on top of a temp license to sell from a friend of mines parking lot. Not sure if I am going to pursue or not. Hate to invest to much and come out with to little...

Oh wow...don't you love how the states want to dip their grubby little hands into everything?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom