The Official Smoke on the Beach Fall 2007 thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monkey man checking in. Thanks for asking about me. Nice to be missed. :D

Yeah, like Cappy said, will not be in the running with the Pit Pirates this time. Will miss out on all that fun. I'll be the SCBA Acting Marshal (kinda like the KCBS rep) for the event. Jack W and I will be trying to keep the judging at the highest level possible and give everyone the most fair judging possible.

Sure is going to be fun seeing everyone. Won't be quite as fun without Finney and Larry. :( Maybe next time.

I vote for the Rev to wear the helmet and goggles.

Everybody be careful on the roads. See ya there tomorrow.

The Big GQ just dropped Myron's name. It's a rumor worth checking into.

Full moon, barbecue, corn squeezin's and plenty of prize money. Oh yeah, the real woodpeckers will be out this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. :LOL: ;)

Good Q to all!

Jack

I also heard that Myron was coming. If you got to face him, it's good
to do it on your home turf. I'd love to beat him in a category.

He's good but not invincible. The good thing is that he hasn't done well in general with the SCBA. In fact he got quite perturbed at Lake in Augusta. Russ, Everett and Tim all gave him a run for his money in Ladson. I've whooped him several times. 8) On the flip side he's whooped me countless times. :eek:

Good Luck!!

Jack

Captain Morgan said:
I also heard that Myron was coming. If you got to face him, it's good
to do it on your home turf. I'd love to beat him in a category.

Its not hard to do Cappy. Wipped the boy a couple of times. ;) He does great in MIM's. He doesnt do as well in the KCBS.

On any given Saturday, at any bbq comp. anything can happen. There are always favorites, and the teams everybody expects to do well, but it could be any team's day. I welcome the challenge. Any team that beats him knows they did something. Good Luck to everyone going and we'll be pulling in around noon.

The only thing anyone can do is ensure you bring your best game and play.

Not discounting anyone in any way...but I agree with Russ, on any given day anything could happen.

Good luck to all.

BigGQ said:
The only thing anyone can do is ensure you bring your best game and play.

Not discounting anyone in any way...but I agree with Russ, on any given day anything could happen.

Good luck to all.

True,

I wish I could be on the field. I'll miss the rush.

Jack

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":2y785u4c]I'm rushing a bunch of beer down my throat right now in anticipation.

I'm telling you, this man is a genius![/quote:2y785u4c]
I think he invented beer...uh...... :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom