The Official Q Cup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack W.

Sous Chef
The South Carolina Barbecue Association will be holding it's championship October 28-29 in Columbia, SC. It is a whole hog cook. I would like to invite anyone in the area to stop by and check it out. Admission is free, there is a charge for sampling. It will be held under the produce shed across from Williams Brice Stadium at USC.

Our team name is Pigs on the Wing. It may be the last time we cook under this name so it's kind of a special occassion. Mary, Jethro and I will be honored with the presence of two of the esteemed members of the BBQ 4 U team from SOTB. Captain Morgan and Chris Finney have offered their services in exchange for adult beverages and a good time. Actually I think they might be spies, but who cares. Maybe they'll teach me something. Finney will be handeling Anything Butt. We are lobbying him to spring for the famous Shrimp Gazpacho that won 1st place in Myrtle.

Hopefully we will keep you all posted on our progress. We thank you for your support! =D> :D

Good Q!

Jack

Jack W. said:
The South Carolina Barbecue Association will be holding it's championship October 28-29 in Columbia, SC. It is a whole hog cook. I would like to invite anyone in the area to stop by and check it out. Admission is free, there is a charge for sampling. It will be held under the produce shed across from Williams Brice Stadium at USC.

Our team name is Pigs on the Wing. It may be the last time we cook under this name so it's kind of a special occassion. Mary, Jethro and I will be honored with the presence of two of the esteemed members of the BBQ 4 U team from SOTB. Captain Morgan and Chris Finney have offered their services in exchange for adult beverages and a good time. Actually I think they might be spies, but who cares. Maybe they'll teach me something. Finney will be handeling Anything Butt. We are lobbying him to spring for the famous Shrimp Gazpacho that won 1st place in Myrtle.

Hopefully we will keep you all posted on our progress. We thank you for your support! =D> :D

Good Q!

Jack

It would probably be cheaper just to go buy the damn trophy then have those 2 indulge!

Jack W. said:

Good Q!

Jack

See yall there Niki and I will be judges there but I aint gonna be a judge all day we wil hang out with the homies!!! Good luck fellas!!

Getting my shopping list together. I'll have to make 5 batches of gazpacho and grill 200 shrimp. :eek:
Thinking about throwing a grilled grit cake (maybe just for the judges) into the mix, but don't know if I'll have time to work that out. We'll see. 8-[

Always happy to drink your beer Jack. I'll have the good Wild Turkey with me also. Just incase it's needed. :!:

What is this? I'm away from the board for a few hours, and I come back
to find people here besmirching my name!

Well, I don't know who's fallen in with who, but I plan on being in a state
that may lead to falling.

By the way, Jack is a past champion of Smoke on the Beach and even
cooked for a SCBA Judges seminar (so they could sample real good q).
I doubt he'll learn anything from me.

As far as being a spy, I'm definately looking for techniques different from Finney's!

Here's a link to the Q Cup.

http://www.carolinaqcup.com

Good luck guys, wish I could be there. Lived 3 years in Columbia (courtesy of the U.S. Army) Great town! Go Cocks!

Question: I noticed that this contest is sponsored by the South Carolina Barbecue Association. Which of your many contests are KCBS sponsored events that qualify as the S.C. state championship and the champion gets an invite to the American Royal Invitational and Jack Daniels?

Most of the events in SC are local events. The only one that is actually
operated by the SCBA is the Q Cup.

There are KCBS events here, but I'm not sure which one is considered the
state championship.

The reason I ask, is that I am looking for competitions to enter next year and
South Carolina as well as North Carolina are within my driving radius. It would be great if a bunch of us from this board could get together next year at one of the events. Now it doesn't have to be The State Championship, just has to be considered to be A State Championship by KCBS. I'll look in the Bullsheet later was just thinking one of you guys might know off the top of your head. Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer.

Kloset BBQR said:
The reason I ask, is that I am looking for competitions to enter next year and
South Carolina as well as North Carolina are within my driving radius. It would be great if a bunch of us from this board could get together next year at one of the events. Now it doesn't have to be The State Championship, just has to be considered to be A State Championship by KCBS. I'll look in the Bullsheet later was just thinking one of you guys might know off the top of your head. Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer.

Now that sounds like a plan to me.

Just let us know when you're leading this way Kloset. We'll make it a party.

Hog Happnin in Shelby, NC is a State Championship. Next month.

Here's more:
Kings Mountain, NC in April.
Hickory, NC in May
Lincolnton, NC in June
Tryon, NC in June
Greenwood, SC in July
Charleston, SC in July
Maggie Valley, NC in Sept.
Laurens, SC in Sept.

Good luck, Jack. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it by on Friday. And despite the fact that Cappy and Finney will handicap your team, I'm sure you'll do great. Speaking of handicaps, I'm bringing free bungee cords for everybody.

Good luck fellers.
5.gif

Back
Top Bottom