Smoke On The Water - Hot Springs AR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am having technical difficulties but I have a bunch of pics to load and video to edit. Stay tuned for late afternoon entertainment.

Uncle Bubba said:
Talked to Dallas last night. He fininshed in the mid 50's and just missed a call in pork at 24(I think). That comp is like the Jack with the level of competition there. I'm picking Rod to win the Jack this year. The Wade's finished RGC.

Well of course DD BBQ finished in the middle of the pack,remember that new mobile is a virgin and was probably all shy for it's first competition,pretty sure will take a while before
DD starts winning GC's.cmon no one took the winning it all comments seriously with a brand new cooker.
Was the GC winner cooking on his Geer again?

Blazen BBQ -- Arkansas Challenge winner (highest points at both Pine Bluff and Hot Springs)

Contest paid down 20 in each category

CK:
20 Let's Kick Some Ash
19 Smokin' in Style BBQ
18 KC Can Crew
17 Ribs 4 U
16 Cajun Que Krewe
15 Pellet Envy
14 Munchin' Hogs
13 Blazen BBQ
12 Partners-N-Swine
11 Four Men and a Pig
10 Mason-Dixon Swine
9 Smokin in the Dark
8 Wild Wings
7 Wizards of Que
6 Redneck Diver
5 Learn2Q.com
4 Lotta Bull BBQ
3 4 Legs Up BBQ
2 Habitual Smokers
1 QUAU

RB:
20 K and K Kookers
19 Tater 2
18 Bad to the Bone
17 Blazen BBQ
16 Redneck Royalty
15 The Pork Jesters
14 Redneck Grillers
13 Rolling Pit BBQ
12 Ribs 4 U
11 Ritters BBQ
10 Smokin' Boys BBQ
9 Early Bird BBQ
8 Pellet Envy
7 Smokin' in the Dark
6 4 Legs Up BBQ
5 Connoisseurs of Fine Swine
4 J and J Redneck
3 Smokin Okies
2 TAT BBQ Team
1 BBQr's Delight

PK:
20 Blazen BBQ
19 Kick'n Back Kookers
18 Connoisseurs of Fine Swine
17 Let's Kick Some Ash
16 Slabs
15 Two Men and a Barbie
14 Laurie P's BBQ
13 Dirty Dog Cooking Team
12 Wizards of Que
11 Jeanie's Got Wood
10 Munchin' Hogs
9 Pork Patrol
8 Early Bird BBQ
7 Smokin' Guns BBQ
6 The Pork Jesters
5 Smokin' Okies
4 Delta Smoke
3 Pellet Envy
2 Ritters BBQ
1 Smoke on Wheels

BR:
20 K and K Kookers
19 JP Custom Smoke
18 Wild Wings
17 Smokin' Okies
16 QUAU
15 J and J Redneck
14 Laurie P's BBQ
13 One Slice at a Time
12 Block USA
11 The Smoking Hills
10 Delta Smoke
9 Pellet Envy
8 Naaman's Mustard
7 Early Bird BBQ
6 She Thinks my Slabs R Sexy
5 Habitual Smokers
4 Smokin' Guns BBQ
3 Ritters BBQ
2 River City Rub
1 Blazen BBQ

Overall:
10 Munchin' Hogs
9 The Pork Jesters
8 Habitual Smokers
7 Smokin' Guns BBQ
6 Early Bird BBQ
5 Delta Smoke
4 Ritters BBQ
3 Smokin' Okies
2 Blazen BBQ
1 Pellet Envy

Thanks for the full list Diva. I wasn't on my home 'puter and was rushing to get out the door to deliver a youngster back to college.

BTW, I had some of those jalapeno peanuts you sent CliffH and they're great. 8) Are they available over the 'net?

Joe

Ok folks. Before my computer has a complete breakdown I want to get these pics up.

Dallas,

It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Thank you very much for letting my wife and I hang out with you and get a first hand look at what comp cooking is all about.

Thru the night I asked a lot of questions. Every time Dallas got up to check the pit or prep a catagory, I was right there with him and he never once told me to sit down and shut up.

He may have thought it but he didn't say it.

Dallas' wife Donna is a true team member. She prepped all the boxes and spent much time making sure that they were just right. My wife told me that Donna normally runs the boxes but Dallas let me run the boxes this time. That was an honor.

I really appreciate the experience and the opportunity to participate.

I also met Joe aka 1MoreFord. I shared some good conversation with him as well.

And now for your viewing pleasure :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UWChYxbMetY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UWChYxbMetY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[
Left to Right : Cliff H., Kloset BBQR and 1MoreFord.

img_165603_0_2329ceb9a0e3bddefd5978b666b21970.jpg

At the end of the day Dallas went to hook on to his pit and get his arse out of Hot Springs. I took a detour.

img_165603_1_2e540a71403d1cb411ed529b0297b537.jpg

We're back!

Wow what a trip! We're back but I'm exhausted. I'm taking the day off of work today to recover from our vacation!

This was by far the biggest contest I had ever cooked in. It was extremely well run and organized and had tremendous crowds and top notch entertainment for everyone!

We finished in the lower middle of the pack at 55th overall so we weren't exactly happy with our performance but we did beat 40 teams. We almost got a call for pork (24th).

Its a lot different cooking far away from home. Thanks to Jamie Geer for helping us get our meat and wood and the great job he did making sure we had everything we needed for the contest.

Special thanks to Cliff and Joe (1 More Ford) for helping us out this weekend. It was so nice to have friends helping us out and rooting us on from the forum. We couldn't have done it without you.

Cliff I hope you decided to get into competition BBQ and enter that contest in Mississippi!

Looking forward to next weekend and seeing everyone at Oinktoberfest!

Dallas,

Good to see your post. I saw Cliff's post earlier. Glad to know everyone has made it home safe.

Good to meet you and your wife, Cliff and his wife, and associate faces with your names.

Thanks to all of you very much for letting me hang around. Learned a bunch from y'all and Cliff. Hope I didn't get in the way too much.

Best of luck to you next weekend.

Greg Rempe said:
Great looking pit, Dallas! Did you happen to ask Jamie why he doesn't return my phone calls and emails about being on the show for a segment...THAT is NOT good karma for him! :shock: 8)

Probably cause you're cooking on a Klose! :LOL:

Jamie mentioned to me that he'd be glad to be on your show. Give him a call and set it up!

Well done Dallas, considering the amount of time you have travelled lately in addition to a new pit I think you should be very proud of your scores and allof your accomplishments. I think your food looked great and Iam sure it tasted great too.

Uncle Bubba said:
How about Paul Kirk? I have a contact with him but you'd probably be more interested in Steve Raichlin. :roll:

I have emailed him a number of times...no response. :roll: :roll:

Great job on your finish Dallas!!

FYI, I will be having Rod Gray on tonight to talk about the contest! :D

Well that probably explains it. I believe the email address you have is his old work email address and he no longer works there! Use the email address on his website:

txjgeer@aol.com

Kloset BBQR said:
Well that probably explains it. I believe the email address you have is his old work email address and he no longer works there! Use the email address on his website:

txjgeer@aol.com

Thanks D...but I have also left a number of phone messages as well... :oops:

I will keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom