Smithfield's Slammin'BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Good Lawdy Miz Claudy...thats a hefty pay out. Whut be the entry fee if you dont mind a person being nosey of course? If it be rational how do they fund the prize money with only 50 cooks?

bigwheel

I plan on being there with "Bill the grill guy" and his team. Hopefully we'll run into you.

Tim

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Yep, we will be there under the new banner. Tim has volunteered to keep our beer cold for us. ;)

Hell yeah!!! The most important job on the team! Between keepin em stocked and taste testin' the food! :D

Tim

I am in too. Paid my fee yesterday.

Does anyone know if the $250 fee covers all categories including, Turkey, Sauce, and Slammin' Iron Chef or will there be an additional fee for each of these categories. Web site is kind of sketchy but the prize money sounds great.

If anyone from VA or NC would like to team up, let me know! I could certainly use the help!

Thanks,

Dallas

Kloset BBQR said:
I am in too. Paid my fee yesterday.

Does anyone know if the $250 fee covers all categories including, Turkey, Sauce, and Slammin' Iron Chef or will there be an additional fee for each of these categories. Web site is kind of sketchy but the prize money sounds great.

If anyone from VA or NC would like to team up, let me know! I could certainly use the help!

Thanks,

Dallas

Dallas, here is an email I just got from Lee Ann:

Fee covers all categories. Separate fee for vending but vending is booked already. I will probably compete in everything!

Hope that helps...although, it ain't gonna help your chances at winning!! :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks Greg, this looks like it will be a lot of fun. They even have an Iron Chef competition.

As far as Lee Ann goes, I'd be more than happy to go Jed to Jed against her. She sounds like a lot fun!

Greg, can I get you off the porch to help out at this one?

Kloset BBQR said:
Thanks Greg, this looks like it will be a lot of fun. They even have an Iron Chef competition.

As far as Lee Ann goes, I'd be more than happy to go Jed to Jed against her. She sounds like a lot fun!

Greg, can I get you off the porch to help out at this one?

Unless you're gay Dallas, Greg ain't coming off the porch! :shock:

I got him off the porch once. It cost me a WSM but I got him off the porch!

How about you Larry, are you interested!

I don't know if I'm in or not. I sent in my application a month ago. No acknowledgement of application from promoter. Followed up with two phone calls. No returned calls as of yet. No way to run a BBQ contest! :twisted:

mrgrumpy said:
Willy T. said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":1dnw760j]I don't know if I'm in or not. I sent in my application a month ago. No acknowledgement of application from promoter. Followed up with two phone calls. No returned calls as of yet. No way to run a BBQ contest! :twisted:

That was another reason we backed out.Tried to get in touch with the contest person for 4 weeks.Finally called Sinclair Communicaions before we got a response.I don't think any one has got a confirmation. I bet there will be changes next year if the contest wants to survive.

Willy T.

I got mine without a problem. I call Donna directly, and there hasn't been a problem at all, other than not getting my name right on the website. She told me today she would call their webmaster and get it corrected. The comp packets are to be mailed out next week. She is having a meeting with one of the other organizers, and will have them in the mail next week.

Bill[/quote:1dnw760j]

Donna Just got back from vacation and a buisness trip. She said that she had a lot of catching up to do.

I've called Donna's number twice. Still no return call. I'm beginning to think this may be one of those comps where the winners will receive their checks (if they are lucky) a month after the contest.

The comminication on this contest is even worse than Nelsonville!

Greg, If Lee Ann has any inside information on who's in the contest, please let me know! Thanks for the help.

Dallas

Well, Donna never did return my calls but I did get the cooks pack today, so I guess I'm in! Looking forward to the first contest of the season, for me at least. Anyone else doing the Iron Chef competition?

Looking forward to seeing Bill & Bill there.

Finney are you still in?

Look me up when you get there Bill. Team name is Double D's BBQ.

Looks like very tough competition. Mike Davis, Lee Ann Whippen, Johnny Trig, Bad Byron, IQue just to name a few.

Should be a great time. Hope the weather cooperates.

Lets try to get a BBQ Central photo together guys. This will be great. looking forward to meeting you fellers.

I'm in for the pic. I'm down 28 lbs from the last photo I posted here! :D

Nutrisystem rules! They even have BBQ beef!

Roll Call

So who from the board will be at the first Smithfield's Slammin BBQ?

Looking forward to meeting everyone that makes the trip. Any of you guys signed up for the Iron Chef Lottery?

I see that Myron Mixon's is now on the list of teams competing, as well as Mike Davis, Cool Smoke, Dizzy Pigs, IQue, Lee Ann Wippen, Bad Byron, Johnny Trigg and the list goes on and on. Tough field, big purse. Bring it on!

Stop by the big green tent for an icy cold beverage!

I be there early Sat morning to meet up with Bill the Grill Guy and I believe Gary. Looking forward to it.

Tim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom