Smithfield's Slammin'BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Bruce B":uprg2a7n]Dallas, fantastic showing, congratulations; which cooker did you use in the comp?

Thanks Bruce! I used the Jedmaster for pork and brisket and the FEC 100 for Ribs and Chicken.[/quote:uprg2a7n]

Kicked that Stumps to the curb already huh? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Once again good job!!

Rich Decker said:
Dallas, congratulations on a top ten finish, nice job. Congrats also to my New England brothers Dirty Dick wining chicken and Chris for RGC that's awesome.

Thank you Rich for the nice comments. I got a very small taste of what you and your team experience with great regularity and all I can say is I want more! I also want to thank everyone that gave me encouragement before I left including my former team mates (Uncle Bubba), friends (Kaz Q, yes Kaz Q), all my friends at Barbecue Central, alot of whom I feel fortunate to have met and the many more I correspond with daily on the forum and hope to meet some day soon. All great people, fun people, and people I'm pround to call my BBQ friends. I can't believe how much all have us have grown in the short time we've been on this forum. I would never have ever thought of competition barbecue if it weren't for these forums. I also want to thank all the people that have taught me a little piece of what they've learned the hard way in order to accelerate my learning curve, Bill Milroy, Myron Mixon, Fast Eddy Maurin, and Mike Davis. I encourage everyone to take a class from any of these guys (Fast Eddy puts out the best food for the class BTW). Lastly I want to thank my wife who has put up with all my eccentricities regarding all the smokers I've purchased over the years and my son Danny who is the other half of Double D's BBQ.

Sorry to ramble on and sound like I just won the Academy awards but I feel that excited. I told Uncle Bubba before I left that my main interest in this contest was to see how far back I was behind all these BBQ greats that were at that contest. I was shocked to find out that I could hang with these guys for awhile but cream always rises to the top and most of the big names were there at the end as I expected. I was shocked to find my name in the top 10 list with them. No big head here, just honored to Q along with these guys.

Thanks also to all the people that organized the contest. It was totally chaotic and disorganized but they put on one hell of a contest for a first time contest with big name entertainment. I'm sure next year will be even better.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":2vf8mowz][quote="Bruce B":2vf8mowz]Dallas, fantastic showing, congratulations; which cooker did you use in the comp?

Thanks Bruce! I used the Jedmaster for pork and brisket and the FEC 100 for Ribs and Chicken.[/quote:2vf8mowz]

Kicked that Stumps to the curb already huh? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Once again good job!![/quote:2vf8mowz]

No not really. I got the Stumps so I could go to contests in Michigan where they don't have electricity (now don't yell at me I'm not picking on Michigan, you know its true (I'm only talking about Grand Rapids now).

Thanks again Bruce! :D

Results - Overall

1. Tar Heel Smokers
2. IQUE
3. Dirty Dick's Legless Wonders
4. Jack's Old South
5. Smokin Triggers
6. Lotta Bull BBQ
7. Pellet Envy
8. Double D's BBQ
9. Dizzy Pigs
10. Cool Smoke
11. Learn2Q.com
12. Smoken' Dudes BBQ
13. Checkered Pig
14. Dixie Bones BBQ
15. FL Sin-n-Bones
16. Blvd. BBQ Company
17. B.S. BBQ
18. Buttrub.com
19. My Side of the Mountain
20. Habanero's BBQ
21. Wood Chicks BBQ
22. Red, White, & Ques BBQ
23. Smoked From Above BBQ
24. Smoke-n-My-I's BBQ
25. Pig Pen BBQ
26. Dennis Tab2&Ab Propane
27. Freestate Smokers
28. The Chef Hog BBQ, LLC
29. The Chef Hog BBQ, LLC
30. Grandpa Eddie's AL Ribs
31. Smoke House Gang
32. Spicy Mike's
33. Old Man's BBQ
34. 3 P's Cooking Team
35. Mr. Woo's BBQ
36. Navy Team USS Wasp
37. Jerry Elliott's BBQ
38. Serial Grillers
39. Boar's Best BBQ Bar
40. BBQ Brothers, LLC

All that I can say is that Bill (the grill guy) and Gary are a true class act! They allowed me, a complete novice in competition que, to watch what they did and how they did it. They even fed me to boot! Those were some great steaks Gary, and those eggs were to die for Bill!

I also met Brian J and Mr. Grumpy. Equally nice folks also.

I can understand how this competition que thing can be addictive with such great people all around you!

You guy's are true examples of the BBQ brotherhood! Thank you very much for all of your hospitality and showing me the ropes a bit!

Tim

mrgrumpy said:
Hey Bill,

What happened here:

Brisket:
Smoke-N-My-I's 17th place
My Side of the Mountain 26th place

Pork:
Smoke-N-My-I's 12th place
My Side of the Mountain 17th place

:shock: :shock:

You did beat me on the sauce, and even after you were trying to hijack mine off the table... next time, I get yours. ;)

And seeing I was only 5 places behind you overall, and seeing I really botched my ribs, I might have edged you out if I hadn't.... watch out next time...

Bill

Ah, how about chicken?
MSOTMB 18
Smoke-N-My-I's 21

And you dont want to go there on the Ribs.

The sauce is Gary's and it is GOOOD. Next time Bill, next time!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
mrgrumpy said:
Hey Bill,

What happened here:

Brisket:

Pork:

You did beat me on the sauce, and even after you were trying to hijack mine off the table... next time, I get yours. ;)

And seeing I was only 5 places behind you overall, and seeing I really botched my ribs, I might have edged you out if I hadn't.... watch out next time...

Bill

Ah, how about chicken?
MSOTMB 18
Smoke-N-My-I's 21

How many contests have you and Gary been in Bill TGG?? I think Mr. Grumpy has only been in two! That's pretty impressive on his part! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif] Finney made me say that!

mrgrumpy said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1f8hqnfk]
mrgrumpy said:
Hey Bill,

What happened here:

Brisket:

Pork:

Bill

Ah, how about chicken?
MSOTMB 18
Smoke-N-My-I's 21

How many contests have you and Gary been in Bill TGG?? I think Mr. Grumpy has only been in two! That's pretty impressive on his part! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif] Finney made me say that!

Oh yeah, and if my chicken halves been 10 minutes sooner, you would have been way back in the pack.... the breast meat turned out so moist and tender. That was the ace in my sleeve...... next time...

Bill[/quote:1f8hqnfk]

excuses.. excuses...

I say only one thing...... Bring IT! I ain't skeerd

Larry Wolfe said:

And how many KCBS's have YOU done?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom