Roc City Rib Fest --> Rochester, NY 8/30/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woohoo congratulations on the 2nd place! Wonderful!
Good to see your hard work is paying off.

Pics looked great. going to have to check that out in the future!!!

Hi Wittdog,
Congratulations on the 2nd place. Those where some fine tasting ribs you made. After seeing you, the wife and I went over to the food vendors and had some ribs from 4 different commercial teams. I do understand that what I got was food for the masses and not there competition ribs, but man the ribs you made were very good.

The Klose pit was from The Bad to the Bone BBQ located in Williamsville NY. They won 1st place in the commercial division.

Man, what a good time! :D My body just shut down yesterday. Congrats and big thanks to wittdog and fam for coming out and thanks to woodman for making the trip, nice to meet you. We made a decent splash in Rochester, people loved being able to eat food from local BBQ guys, and seeing their friends compete in a real contest (not just a vendor burn). We are already planning on next year, hopefully closer to Rochester and sanctioned?. I would love your feedback and/or ideas (oompappy, let me know the date for the barn party next year, so we can avoid the conflict!) I’ll get the final results up soon as I can. Thanks again everyone, see ya at the oink!

P.S. witt, your ribs were ridiculous!

GoodSmokeBBQ said:
Man, what a good time! :D My body just shut down yesterday. Congrats and big thanks to wittdog and fam for coming out and thanks to woodman for making the trip, nice to meet you. We made a decent splash in Rochester, people loved being able to eat food from local BBQ guys, and seeing their friends compete in a real contest (not just a vendor burn). We are already planning on next year, hopefully closer to Rochester and sanctioned. I would love your feedback and/or ideas (oompappy, let me know the date for the barn party next year, so we can avoid the conflict!) I’ll get the final results up soon as I can. Thanks again everyone, see ya at the oink!

P.S. witt, your ribs were ridiculous!

greet to meet you also.

:D Way to go Swine Syndicate!
Very nice to see.

We'll watch the schedule for next year, and try to ink this one in, as it sounds like a good time. Was gonna try to help out with judging for the comp this year . . . but things got cater crazy, and just couldn't manage it.

Looking forward to participating in 2009!

Back
Top Bottom