Quick notes from the KCBS Board Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Hey sounds like you got some stroke with them folks. Why dont you reccomend they get rid of wet lettuce and artificial ivy garnish deal. That is about as silly as tree full of a*s ho@es (Old boy used to say that down at Graham a lot). Forbid the green stuff in the turn in tray. That bound to be the smartest rule a dumb yankee could ever come up with. Course it keep a lot of high dollar artsy fartsy plating ladies from having to be flown in for the KCBS contests..maye put em out out of work but who cares? Not I. They prob already got regular jobs and rich hubbys and stuff like that. Just thinking out loud here.

bigwheel

Thanks for posting this Merl! Please feel free to do this on a regular basis!

Bigwheel...getting rid of the garnish is something folks vote on...and it has not been voted out in all the years the KCBS has been in formation.

Yeppers..that is one of the reasons why IBCA gonna replace em. One by one. It the law of the jungle type deal. If a group have wrong headed idears they will perish. Professional judges and wet lettuce is wrong headed idears.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Yeppers..that is one of the reasons why IBCA gonna replace em. One by one. It the law of the jungle type deal. If a group have wrong headed idears they will perish. Professional judges and wet lettuce is wrong headed idears.

bigwheel

At least it's not that crappy "on site" judging that forces teams to act like complete idiots kissing up to judges and flat out lying about the product they are presenting.

Heard one story where a guy undercooked his ribs and told the on site judge this was the proper way top cook real ribs. The judge was convinced and brought her family back to the team tent afterwards so that they could try "real ribs," too!

Somethin tellrs me dem wrong headed idears is gonna be around a spell

Hi Merl. You and I met in Grand Rapids several years ago. No doubt you recall! Welcome! Woodman

Yeppers that some of that MIM non-sense. Judging is called "single blind" meaning they get to judge the meat with one eye open. I think it was designed to discriminate against members of the minority co moonity. I mean you go out to somebody's camp site to judge their meat...it be a no brainer to figger out whut color they is huh? Just a theory I got.

bigwheel

monty3777 said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

At least it's not that crappy "on site" judging that forces teams to act like complete idiots kissing up to judges and flat out lying about the product they are presenting.

Heard one story where a guy undercooked his ribs and told the on site judge this was the proper way top cook real ribs. The judge was convinced and brought her family back to the team tent afterwards so that they could try "real ribs," too!

Somethin tellrs me dem wrong headed idears is gonna be around a spell

Back
Top Bottom