Ottawa Smoked to the Bone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well thank you all very much. The stars aligned for us on this one comp.

However I don't do this alone - I am probably about the luckiest pit boss there is on the planet. I have an awesome team of my husband Vlado who is in charge of keeping the wsm's on temp, water and electricity, set-up, filling the pellets and keeping my smoke clean, My friend Louisa who is in charge of the clean up, sanitizing everything and keeping me on time(probably about the hardest job there is) and my friend John (Married to Louisa) who is in charge of lettuce and turn in boxes, acquisitions (he manages to get me everything I ever ask for) , set up and organization. We ran a lot smoother this comp since they got their trailer and John got everything organized in it, no more scrambling looking for stuff. Also after working together for a whole season we all know our jobs. It makes it so much better.

I think we just had some serious luck with the judges. We did practice all winter though so i ll guess we will see for the rest of the season. We have another comp next weekend the second of the series in Paris Ontario. The judges in Paris are more experienced than I think any other comp in Ontario so it will be interesting to see the results from there.

I will practice the rest of the week on the pork (no joke there). I didn't like the turn in box too much and we cut our time just a bit too close for comfort. So we will make some adjustments and see if it makes a difference.

We also made sure to have the Wittdog sacrificial tent up as soon as possible. I don't think I will ever set up our site without it. that and my rubber chickend from Strodes BBQ. Additionally, we kept to our rule (unlike at Oink) of no tequila or rum on Friday night. This also helped us LOL

So we will keep practicing and trying to get it together again next week. Wish us luck :)

great job

Excellent Job Diva. Nothing like a good ole butt kicking this weekend. you are a class act to loose to and you deserve four first places. An inspiration to us all and I look forward to Paris.

After Wednesday it is "game on" to the first lady of bbq.

Congrats again............ ps where were these pancakes you teased us with??????? I must have imagined it

Tim

Well you still had me beat on pork for sure again. :)

As for the pancakes.............

You guys didn't come over!!!!

(I never said it would include delivery LOL)

BUt we will be making pancakes again on Saturday morning 6am as usual. Cmon over..............

Ps what are you bringing to the potluck on Friday>>>???

pancakes

well now I understand... I nodded off between 5 and 7.... I could not smell the pancakes over the plastic smell. lol

I will be in Paris by 11:00am

Not sure yet what I will bring.

still sore from the a$$ kicking you gave us all on the weekend

Tim

Back
Top Bottom