Okay, starting to get upset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is an email that I finally recieved from the SS organizer. Its not getting him off the hook.

Hello everyone,

Over the past few weeks I have answered many questions (phone & email) regarding your prize money. I do apologize for the tardiness of this prize money as well as my lack of immediate correspondence. After the BBQ event, my schedule went immediately into the next two events which wrapped up the summer season early last week.

Just to let everyone know, we have one accounting office for all of Intrawest located in Golden, CO. We do not cut checks here on the mountain any longer. Also, unlike last year, I am no longer allowed to hand out prize money at an event…be it the BBQ Cook-off, the Chili Cook-off, Mountain Bike Races etc…

Your participation in the Blues, Brews & BBQ event is extremely important. Again, I do apologize for the delay; I will look into this again this week to see what the details are and what kind of time frame we are looking at.

Thanks everyone,

Jason

Jason Scotchie

Event & Sponsorship Manager

Snowshoe Mountain

(T) 304.572.5879

(F) 304.572.5664

hmmm, seems like if there was an external office handling the money it would make it easier to get the checks out, not harder.

Screamin Nite Hog said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2hnbupxe]It's been 3 weeks sence Snow Shoe and still haven't recieved my winnings. COME on, how long should it take? I sent the guy an email two weeks ago thanking him for hosting it and he still hasn't responded to it.

Sorry, just venting.

Hey Bill,
We have the same problem with the cook off in Eden. We are waiting on our winnings also. Who knows when we will get it. They were trying to negotiate with Tommy of Checkered Pig to reduce the money he owes for vending at the ribfest in Winston-Salem next year!! instead of paying him Grand Champion money. HOW ABOUT THAT PORK!!

Charlie[/quote:2hnbupxe]

What they didnt give ya a check at the end of the comp to he%# with that then , I will stick to the SCA contest at they give ya the check at the awards ceremony , may have to hunt the guy with the checkbook on occasion but ya leave with it in your hand with everything elese.

Well, I did send a copy of the rules to the organizer. He responded with this.

Thanks Bill for those rules. I appreciate you forwarding those on to me. I will make sure these get in the proper hands so expedite the extremely late checks.

Again…my apologies.

Jason

Jason Scotchie

Snowshoe Mountain

(T) 304.572.5879

(F) 304.572.5664

Sounds like a kiting scheme to me! Organizer pockets the money with the hope of paying off the winners with the proceeds from the next contest.

If I were you guys I would boycott any event this organizer promotes. Gete the word out on all barbecue websites. If necessary file a
complaint with the local police!

I sense this guy is seriously stalling for time. Not a good sign!

Okay then, we might be getting closer.

Hello again everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that if you won any prize money during the KCBS Cook-off here at Snowshoe Mountain, that all checks have been processed for payment, so you should be receiving those in the mail within the next week. Once again, I apologize for the delay and will speak with my boss about having a checkbook on-site next year so that we can issue prize money on the spot.

Thank you again for being here.

Jason

Jason Scotchie

Snowshoe Mountain

(T) 304.572.5879

(F) 304.572.5664

Well, just checked the mail and there it was. Finally. They better have thier stuff straight for next year.

Im glad you folks got your well deserved winning money. Better late than never.[smilie=a_bravo.gif]

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Well, just checked the mail and there it was. Finally. They better have thier stuff straight for next year.

Next year? You got to be kidding right? Give them the entry fee after the contest and see if that's acceptable to them.

$$$$

I have a really stupid question about comps.
1. They collect the entry fee upfront, right?
2. They know how much they are going to pay out to each winner in advance, right?

Question.Why can't the scumbags just make out the checks before the competition and hand them out with the Trophies??????

Sorry, but I do not like the way people complain about most comps being run in a shoddy manner and that's a good reason why I don't comp anymore.

The comp I did compete in, they gave out the money and the Trophies right then.

Just my .02 worth and it don't mean much.
Smoke On!!!!!!

Not quite sure I'd compete in anything that took 6-7 weeks to process checks..... I do not care what THEIR accounting rules are, they just aint right... I know comps are fun, cool ,and exciting things to do, but I'd protest them Colorado folks, for a long time... gunna have to=save their name to see where/when they do any contests next year, then get the word out to any teams I know..

Back
Top Bottom