Oinktoberfest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Does anyone know, for sure, if the BBQ Central teams are going to be together for Oinktoberfest??

Also heard a rumor that tickets will be sold for $20 each for Charlie Daniels. Any truth to this?

How many teams are coming so far??

Tickets for CD are $20 a pop...
Don't know about the teams being togheter the CD is creating logistic nightmares...
And the contest is now full...I think 47 teams...and a few on a waiting list maybe

Yeah but I'm thinking we will be able to hear him just fine from our comp spots..and have chairs and our own beer or mixed drinks..and food just my .02

I want $20 for having to listen to him. Better get there early as maneuvering around may present a problem. I heard many NEBS teams are not coming back. If this turns out to be a clusterF$#%, I won't be back either.

I thought the entry fee included a couple of passes to the concert. They did this also at Madison, IN for the Elvin Bishop concert. I let my wife and a friend have the wristband that got them into the concert. I did not have the time to go to the concert.

We'll be at Oinktoberfest. Not reall sure what has the NEBS teams PO'd but we'll be there. I've always enjoyed the contest and look forward to seeing our NY friends there.

Uncle Bubba said:
Does anyone know, for sure, if the BBQ Central teams are going to be together for Oinktoberfest??

Also heard a rumor that tickets will be sold for $20 each for Charlie Daniels. Any truth to this?

How many teams are coming so far??

Maybe Pigs, Wittdog, or better yet George could get the answers for us.

Also if the comp is sold out it would be nice to see a list of the teams so we know who is coming!

Here is some info from another site.....

Oinktoberfest <http> is scheduled for September 28 - 30, 2007. In its 6th year, the BBQ Competition has become one of the premiere events in Western New York and in conjunction with the
The Great Pumpkin Farm Fall Festival <http>there is something to do for all ages.

Teams competing in the KCBS contest will get up to six wrist bands which includes the concert. Additional tickets for Friday night's Charlie Daniels concert are available at the WNY Event Centre (716/759-6300) and at all Ticketmaster locations as well as on their website <http>. General admission tickets are $20.00 for this outdoor concert, rain or shine.

There are still a few spaces left for Saturday's KCBS sanctioned contest which is also a New York State Championship. You can get the application HERE <http>.

Sunday's competition is for the Backyard BBQers' and there is also a Chili category. All contests are open to anyone.

There will be music, children's games, pumpkin shooting, hayrides, a beer tent and other entertainment all weekend. Bring the whole family. For more details check the schedule <http>.

Thanks & looking forward to meeting you in September
George Booth
[/url]

Diva Q said:
I believe Pigs talked to George and it looks like we are most likely going to be all together.

Just so it's not in the mud.

Be prepared for ANY kind of weather including...never mind, don't even want to mention it. Just remember what happened the following Wednesday after last year's event. If you can't remember, go back in the archives and you'll find it. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole gang and meeting the one's I haven't.

I'm offering to pick up Greg on the way up so he won't even have to pay for gas.

After last weekend I will be bringing extra tents even just to be sure a heater etc etc.

I overpack at the best of times anyways LOL.

Uncle Bubba said:
[quote="Diva Q":3c0k71er]I believe Pigs talked to George and it looks like we are most likely going to be all together.

Be prepared for ANY kind of weather including...never mind, don't even want to mention it. Just remember what happened the following Wednesday after last year's event. If you can't remember, go back in the archives and you'll find it. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole gang and meeting the one's I haven't.

I'm offering to pick up Greg on the way up so he won't even have to pay for gas.[/quote:3c0k71er]

Greg can find his own way...he'll see you on Saturday! With his video camera!! 8)

Uncle Bubba said:
[quote="Diva Q":2mdapnk5]I believe Pigs talked to George and it looks like we are most likely going to be all together.

I'm offering to pick up Greg on the way up so he won't even have to pay for gas.[/quote:2mdapnk5]
We lost power today..I was having Post Traumatic Stress...ran out and got gas for the generator :shock:

brian j said:
[quote="Diva Q":2siffulk]After last weekend I will be bringing extra tents even just to be sure a heater etc etc.

I overpack at the best of times anyways LOL.
bring your extra tents. it will guarantee good weather. :D[/quote:2siffulk]
Man up here....it could be anywhere between 90* and 27*

brian j said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":3nny2yly]It was 30 last year.
:shock: remind me to bring my insulated overalls. :shock:[/quote:3nny2yly]

Make sure you bring a heated cover for your computer so your cookers will still work in the cold. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well I BBQ'ed in -26 C (-15 F)weather many times. THis should be no problem.

We are pretty tough cookies up here when it comes to weather.

Diva Q said:
Well I BBQ'ed in -26 C (-15 F)weather many times. THis should be no problem.

We aren't worried about you Diva (well maybe your tents :D ) we are worried about the Southern Boys.

brian j said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Diva Q":shlylv8r]Well I BBQ'ed in -26 C (-15 F)weather many times. THis should be no problem.

We aren't worried about you Diva (well maybe your tents :D ) we are worried about the Southern Boys.
i think i'm the most southern member of bbq central coming up to compete and for the record it gets pretty dang cold here in va. maybe not buffalo or ontario cold, but pretty cold non the less. ;)[/quote:shlylv8r]
Yeah you were one of the Sothern Boys I was takingabout :D
Just Funning Ya but ...bring wool socks..layer up...and buy a winter coat :D
If all else fails drink whiskey..thats' my excuess..

brian j said:
wittdog said:
[quote="brian j":2kyygos1]
wittdog said:
[quote="Diva Q":2kyygos1]Well I BBQ'ed in -26 C (-15 F)weather many times. THis should be no problem.

i think i'm the most southern member of bbq central coming up to compete and for the record it gets pretty dang cold here in va. maybe not buffalo or ontario cold, but pretty cold non the less. ;)
Yeah you were one of the Sothern Boys I was takingabout :D
Just Funning Ya but ...bring wool socks..layer up...and buy a winter coat :D
If all else fails drink whiskey..thats' my excuess..[/quote:2kyygos1]
cold weather advise from someone in upstate ny sounds like good advice. see ya in a month. ;)[/quote:2kyygos1]
Brian these pics were taken last "fall"

:D :D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom