Oinktoberfest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
This year's registration application is now on-line.. please click on this link below to be taken to the page
http://www.adventuresinheat.com/oinksit ... ation.html
Highlights of this year’s changes

The Bodacious Bayou BBQ night: Friday night w/ an informal contest featuring any dish with a Bayou, New Orlean’s or Cajun influence. All entries will be judged for originality, taste and relevance to the theme. Prizes will be awarded. Music by LeeRon Zydeco & the Hot Tamales

Saturday’s contest is KCBS sanctioned & we will be using their rules: no electric or gas smokers. Please click link below for more details
http://www.adventuresinheat.com/oinksit ... esPro.html

Both contests have a BBQ sauce category and the seafood category has been changed to any side dish.

If for any reason you need an application mailed please let me know & I will send one right out... Also please feel free to forward this email to anyone you might think would be interested

5 amp electricity will be included in the registration price, any more such as needed by an RV or refrigerator will be an additional $35, available on a limited first come first served basis...

We are looking for more food vendors this year... please circle your interest on the app.

If you get more than one of these emails, I apologize, just let me know & I'll try to delete the extra. I send to groups so you could be in more than one.

Thanks

George Booth
Adventures in Heat

Oinktoberfest 2005
BBQ Competition & Cook-off
Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2005

716 759-4328 or 1 877 585-4328
http://www.oinktoberfest.com

Does this mean you're going or just broadening our horizons? :bored:

OK ~ Who's coming?

I'll be there on Sunday washing dishes for Pigs. Also, I'm calling tomorrow morning to see if there's still room for the judging class on Thrusday night ~ If I can get in, I'll be judging Saturday ~ If not, I'm dropping by to see how the big boys do it. The BBQ Boyz from Niagara Falls, Canada should be there and I believe a few Ohio boys will be too. :(

I'm leaving from work Friday. I'll get there around 9:00 pm . Goin back Saturday evening.-W

I'll be getting there about noon friday to set up. The rest of the team will be trying to leave work early and pull in later.
See ya at Oinktoberfest!!!!

Here's the latest forecast ~ Lookin' mighty fine!! :(

Friday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s. Southwest winds 10 mph or less...increasing to 10 to 20 mph.

Friday Night
Partly cloudy in the evening...then clearing. Lows around 50. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph.

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday Night
Becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s.

Sunday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s.

Just got a "work" thing shoved up my ........schedule. Must work late Friday. Cannot make it now. :-( :-( :-( Good luck to all my friends cooking there! sorry I won't get to meet Pigs (again) , and Joker..........well, wait....let me think about that one........well, yeah, sorry! Woodworker

What a good time last night! Uncle Bubba & Klosit are cooking away. Had a few beers, Then this woman comes around with Southern Comfort Cherries with this dude who had some Apple Jack. Ouch my head hurts a little this am. :)

Just got home from Oinktoberfeest about 15 minutes ago. Got to meet Pigs and his lovely wife Val along with Kloset BBQR and oompappy as well as a few of the Canadian BBQers from another board and several other competitors ~ Great people all around! Weather couldn't have been better ~ mid 70's with a breeze and not a cloud in the sky!

The Joker said:
Just got home from Oinktoberfeest about 15 minutes ago. Got to meet Pigs and his lovely wife Val along with Kloset BBQR and oompappy as well as a few of the Canadian BBQers from another board and several other competitors ~ Great people all around! Weather couldn't have been better ~ mid 70's with a breeze and not a cloud in the sky!
Hay, Did we have fun, Or what. :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom