Offical FF Trash talking thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Ok guys this weekends the Frozen Few.Please take the time to familiarize yourselves with the rules -- remember take a series of pics indicating the weather conditions...and submit them along with your official entry to Email photos to

jgdouglas AT comcast DOT net

Please also take a moment to call Smokinlicous they would like to do a pod cast of the Frozen Few event. The idea they have is to schedule each team to call the 800 number at a designated date and time during the event. They would then live record them and edit everyone once complete. Then they could post a "Frozen Few Pod Cast" on their site! They would like to do the interviews on Saturday, February 2nd in the afternoon and on Sunday, February 3rd in the morning. Anyone interested can call this number 800-941-5054 over the next couple of weeks and sign-up for a date/time.
It's a toll free number and smokinlicous has been a gracious sponsor for this event so it would be nice if we as a group could give them something back. Judges feel free to call in as well and the official poster.
Thanks

Ok people remember this is supposed to be a fun winter competition...So let the trash talking begin..and good luck.

Sooo, what are you cooking? I've marked Wednesday as the day I have to decide brisket or pork butt. Also, I am not worried about a disqualification for weather. We got a lot of snow and the weekend forecast is -5* lows and low teens during the day. I figure a massive warm snap across the lower 48 and I've got this sucker locked.

Temperatures in Ontario are rising steadily this week. I have a backup plan to camp out at the local hockey rink. there is always a pile of snow out where the Zamboni unloads.

Wittdog whats Buffalo looking like weather wise?

How about next year we book Ralph Wilson Stadium. there never seems to be anything going on there in January ever since I became a fan.

Tim

Buffalos weather is looking at right around 32*...hopefuly the snow will stick around if the weather doesnt'

Got the t-shirt Friday. Looks nice on hubby
Going to cook Friday night. We have a busy weekend Wedding on Saturday and Birthday party on Sunday both over 1 hr away.

Cooking in and around everything

The weather for me will be like Wittdog’s. My snow is gone now. I was going to do 3 butts starting Friday night. The fire department was having a class and I was making pulled pork for lunch for about 30 members. Unfortunately the state instructor passed away suddenly so the class was cancelled. Now I am playing in a golf tournament on Saturday to benefit the Rochester mental health association. It’s a indoor miniature golf tourney. We play 18 holes go out for lunch and then bar hop all day. Looks like I will be cooking on Sunday. Ribs, brisket and a butt.

I was watching the evening news tonight and the cold spot in Alaska was a little town called Forty Mile. The overnight temp was -65*. A good thing nobody from there is entrered.

Griff said:
I was watching the evening news tonight and the cold spot in Alaska was a little town called Forty Mile. The overnight temp was -65*. A good thing nobody from there is entrered.

How do you protect yourself from -65 deg weather ?

What is the wind chill at that temp ?

My guess is that at -65, if there was anyone entered, they could get a refund. ;)

Going down to 28 in the night so it's legal...as long asa you are cooking at this time. Just needs to go below 32 at somepoint during the cook.

Back
Top Bottom