New Holland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Team North Coast has made it to the NEw Holland area and is waiting for the 8:00am gate opening. Trip over was a little long with a ton of heavy truck traffic and rain. Got a good night's sleep last night and getting ready to setup camp for the weekend. If you are coming please be sure to stop by and say hello. Good luck to all and safe traveling.

Good luck guys.
Say hi to Dixie Bones guys. That's Scott a local friend and good guy.

Drive safe folks

Just tAlked with Bill TGG...he said that everything came off perfect for him and the team...he thinks he(they) did very well and is looking forward to the results around 4pm or so...

72 teams are there...Bubba and Bruce are on the complete other end from him but there are a number of teams right next to Bill's camp!

Good luck guys and gals!! 8)

Talked with Bill TGG...said that Rich Decker did VERY WELL with a 4th overall he thought...many others from the forum did well too!

Looking forward to the results! :D

I don't have the sheet in front of me but Double D's very with a 6th(I think) overall with a 6th in chicken and a few other honorable mention calls. Great job Dallas. We sucked except for Brisket which we took 8th and 25th overall. Our ribs were 66th, pork 17th, chicken 26th. Again, I'm doing this from memory in the hotel. Buttrub was down below us. Brian J got a few calls. Rich did great with a 5th overall and a 1st in pork.

The Friday entertainment was provided by Dave Klose. Yep, he was there. Spent a lot of time at our camp being Dave Klose....gotta love him, he's a trip. Greg in Jersey was there with him and gave me of LOT of great advice on my pit. Thanks Greg. Thanks a million!!

Other than that a pretty nice comp. It was very very hot yesterday and we were glad just to get the hell out of there to an air-conditioned room and a shower. We went out to eat and had a few cold ones. Came back to the room and Bruce said I handed him the remote and was gone within 5 minutes. Everything went well and now it's time to pull out and take the 6 hour trip home. Great to meet Bill, Brian, Chris and a few of the others and nice to see Rich again. Check back when we get back.

$29 in tolls...one way!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That's cool.
Dave is a cool guy for sure. He called me after my first comp last year to say congrats and my wife was stunned a guy like Dave would call me. Dave is like that, he's a down to earth guy for sure.

Sounds like a great day. Congrats to all!

Very cool. Congratulation to all the teams that got calls.

Way to go Rich. It seems the new techniques paid off with a first place pork. Care to share??

Good Q!

Jack

Back
Top Bottom