More Cline Benefit Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
What a great time, I had a blast!! What a fantastic group of guys and great cooks I had the chance to cook with this weekend! We ate a smorgasboard of fantastic food Friday night I was miserable from over indulding. We had Gary's smoked prime rib, Bill Small's (Bill's Grill) shish kabobs, Bruce Bissonnette's ABT's, Chris Capell's (Dizzy Pigs) seared sirloin and Tsunami Spin chicken wings, Brian J's stuffed portabella's, Richard Middletons (Red White & Que) Bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with fresh horseradish, pineapple stuffed ABT's and Pea salad, Screamin' Nite Hog's (can't remember), and my Wolfe Wings with Reverend Marvin's Honey combo. Everything was fantastic!!

Don't believe the story about me being thrown in the back of my truck. I simply got into (with assistance) the bed for a nice summer night ride to the hotel. 8-[ Bruce and his brother Gary are definitely two of the nicest, most helpful guys you'll ever wanna meet, even if they're from Michigan! Hope they're having a good 9+ trip home today. Brian J., is another great guy and cook from Virginia. I was fortunate to get a sample of Brian's and Chris Capell's brisket before it was all gone and those guys can cook a fantastic brisket!!! I ended up cooking 12 racks of ribs total, 6 on the WSM and 6 on Gary's Brinkmann offset :eek: ! The Brinkmann worked great, I was kinda worried but it worked great and really held great temps. Again the food that all the teams cooked was simply unbelievable!!!

Thank you to Gary and Linda for having this event, and being so accomodating and letting us be a part of it.

Oh yeah, I forgot we also had a few adult beverages as well!! Gary thank you for all the New Castle's you were willing to share!!!!! 8-[

Finney said:
What's the story on the trophy?
You show the old pros how to cook?

The trophy was "People's Choice Award", the team with the most votes from the public won. I am extremely flattered, considering the people I cooked with and even more so after sampling their food, which was some of the best BBQ I've ever tasted.

whoa! Larry won the trophy??? Damn, congrats brother! I guess I'll have to re think my opinion of you!

Now I want the dadgum recipes for the shrimp with horsey, the seared sirloin...ok..everything....get to posting you wascally wabbits!

those are some meaty looking ribs on the WSM...I know its been discussed before, but do you like the racks ?

Man you guys don't monkey around when you have a party. Looks like a real fun time. Thinks for posting the pics. Some good looking grub!

And congats to Larry! I assume you used the Wolf Rub for the win?

john pen said:
those are some meaty looking ribs on the WSM...I know its been discussed before, but do you like the racks ?

Yes John that is the William Sonoma Rib Rack (thanks Finney) and they work wonderful and are a breeze to clean due to the teflon coating.

Captain Morgan said:
whoa! Larry won the trophy??? Damn, congrats brother! I guess I'll have to re think my opinion of you!

Now I want the dadgum recipes for the shrimp with horsey, the seared sirloin...ok..everything....get to posting you wascally wabbits!

Cappy, Chris used his Cow Lick Steak Seasoning for the sirloin. Seared the steak, then sliced on the bias very thin. The meat was like butter in your mouth. He did two of them, one Friday night and the other on Saturday. The one Saturday had been in the rub over night and had a bit more spice to it, but they were both equally tender and delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom