Madison Ribberfest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
Anyone besides me going down to Madison, IN next weekend for Ribberfest? It's a KCBS sanctioned State Championship with some very good teams. The contest is sold out with 62 teams represented.

If your in the area stop on by. Good entertainment and hot air balloon races too!

http://www.madisonribberfest.

Banner looks great Mike. I look forward to meeting you. We'll be coming in Thursday afternoon. Gonna be a hot one!

I'm pretty shure that registration opens on noon on Thursday. With 62 teams they are encouraging teams to get there early.

Dale, I don't think that's going to happen but you're more than welcome to cook with us if you'ld like!

Hope to see you down there.

Dallas

Thanks Kloset. Mighty nice of you Bro! I will stop by at the very least. Yep I let my team down on this one. I got the dates all screwed up and thought I had plenty of time to procrastinate.. Since I am the chief cook, it is my fault. When I called the organizers to beg to let us in, she said that someone always drops out and we probably will get in anyhow. This is only an hour away from my home too. [smilie=a_damnit.gif]

Dale, we'll keep an eye out for you. The name of our team is Double D's BBQ. The logo is my avatar. Look for the big Jedmaster and possibly and Ohio State Scarlet and Gray Stumps Smoker as well.

ZBQ said:
Good luck at the comp guys!!

That banner looks great Mike!! [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

Still cooking on the Jedmaster Dallas?

Yep, I'll be bringing Grandpa Jed and either Cousin Eddy or Uncle Stumps as well.

Wait until you see my next smoker (top secret for now, don't know if I can even get one but I did make contact with the individual that makes them).

Greg Rempe said:
SWEET...when should I get my brother and his truck for pick-up!?

After Jamie Geer commits to building me a pit this winter. Once he does that Greg, you can have it. You deserve it just out of sheer persistance! :D

ZBQ said:
Kloset BBQR said:
ZBQ said:
Good luck at the comp guys!!

That banner looks great Mike!! [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

Still cooking on the Jedmaster Dallas?

Yep, I'll be bringing Grandpa Jed and either Cousin Eddy or Uncle Stumps as well.

Wait until you see my next smoker (top secret for now, don't know if I can even get one but I did make contact with the individual that makes them).

Good Lord Dallas!! [smilie=a_holyshit.gif]

You've been busy since I was up there!! Where are you putting all of those? [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

What did you have to do rent an entire storage facility just for your smokers and grills? [smilie=a_chuckle.gif] [smilie=a_holycrap.gif] :LOL:

Hope to see you in Nelsonville. [smilie=a_happygolucky.gif]

Not an entire storage facility but I do have the Jedmaster stored at an off site facility. The others are all at the house.

Glad to hear that you're coming to Nelsonville. Are you going to be cooking or judging?

Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":btj0i8wx]SWEET...when should I get my brother and his truck for pick-up!?

After Jamie Geer commits to building me a pit this winter. Once he does that Greg, you can have it. You deserve it just out of sheer persistance! :D[/quote:btj0i8wx]

Do you need me to help convince him to do it? I will do whatever it takes!! Is the Klose still in good shape?? How big is it again?

Is that the guy who built Mike Davis's pit?

What do those Geer's run $$ ?? What's so special about them? Are they some sort of special flow design or something? The one's I've seen look nice. So much for sleep though, huh??????? Join the crowd.

Well as best as I can tell, you can have your stick burner and sleep too. When I went to Mike Davis's class in Lynchburg, I never saw him make a single adjustment on that cooker.

For me this cooker is just the right size for comps. Don't really plan on doing any catering with it. Got the Jed for that. As far as the cost, I'm not sure yet. I haven't got that far into discussions with Jamie. Right now I'm still in the begging for him to make me one for 2008. I've heard that he only makes 1 or two a year and only in the winter if it doesn't interefere with his fishing. :D

Good News/Bad News

Greg,

I just got off the phone with Jamie Geer and he agreed to add me to his list. That's the good news. The bad news is that I am number 5 on his list and he typically makes no more than 4 a year. If he agrees to make me a pit and when it goes into production, the Klose is yours.

As long as he doesn't retire, I'd at least be number 1 for 2009. :D

He can't commit to anything more than adding you to his maybe list? He must have A LOT of money!

Why don't I just come by and grab the Klose any way...Jamie will make that pit for you!! I'm sure the Klose doesn't get used like it should with all of the other pits you got that are more user friendly...I have a nice concrete pad waiting for it...come on Dallas...come on...I have a truck all line up and everything...I'll even give you back the WSM! Come on...COME on...COME ON!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom