How many contests do you plan to do this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I plan to do _________ contests in 2009

• More

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The same number of

• Less

• Total voters

Rockin Rooster

Senior Cook
Just curious to see how many contests everyone is planning this year. All the talk about hard times and bad economy, I'm wanting to see if it has really put a damper on your plans

Well I plan on doing about the same number of cookoofs this year as last which is zero. The po folks got shut out of this particular hobby years back. I put the pencil to it several years ago even before the commie democrats messed up the economy and gave us high gas and food prices etc. Time you figger in the fuel..entry fees..refreshments..meat..food gas and assorted other neccesities...a close one cost 400 buck miniumum. Could prob bump that to a thousand easy nowadays especially if they happen to hit one when gas is 4 bucks. Now if a person hit the money each time they went that would not be a problemo..but unfortuantly that aint the case with most folks. If you ever notice the ones who can do it for living do it a bunch. I'm speaking 40 contests a year min. It just like shooting pool..the mo pool you shoot the betta a person gets (considering they have a bit of a natural knack for it to start with). Now for them who can afford it to just go have fun a few times a year at a close one... figgger in the long run it be cheaper than Gollfing most likely. Now for them rich folks out there..I take all this back:)

bigwheel

Depending on everything family related we will be doing more this year.

Plus with those comps close to the border its a good thing for us.

I will probably do Mike's contest in Boston NY, Franklin, and Oink. Maybe even Nelsonville. We'll see. It's a long way off and with my dad...who knows what the future holds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom