Golden State BBQ Championships

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
This was the first IBCA sanctioned event we have participated in.
It was a lot of fun. With IBCA there isn’t any garnish and you absolutely cannot trim your meat after its done. Basically if you want your brisket to fit you have to trim the brisket down to 9 inches so that when it shrinks it will fit in an 8x8 box. We were afraid that it would dry out so we left it status quo. Judges eat it with a knife and fork. No chopped pork. Ribs have to be a Hollywood cut. That’s the most amount of meat on both sides of the bone as possible. Due to this it is impossable to turn in uniform ribs. 7 pieces of Brisket and 7 Ribs. I like the no garnish but I do not like the 1 hour turn in times. Felt like we were waiting too long to turn in meat. It did give us time to vend the leftovers to the public. We made $300 back selling 2 oz samples for 2 bucks.
We cooked extra meat for this purpose. It was a state event so the GC gets in the pool for the Jack. I’ll defiantly be competing in IBCA again. Much Fun!

Final Table Call Chicken 12th place.

No call in Ribs :(

9th Place Pork

This eyesore actually scored 8th (Thanks Buthcer BBQ!)

Attachments

• hesperia.pdf
    724.9 KB · Views: 117
You Guys did well
Just a note the Ribs are not required to have a Hollywood cut
It is just suggested by the Head Judge Kelly

Thom Emery
Organizer at Golden State and Stagecoach

Thom Emery said:
You Guys did well
Just a note the Ribs are not required to have a Hollywood cut
It is just suggested by the Head Judge Kelly

Thom Emery
Organizer at Golden State and Stagecoach

Thanks for the kind words thom. You put on a top notch event. Count us in for next year!
Hopefully we'll see ya in June at Quen for Kids.....

Back
Top Bottom