Frozen Few instructions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
So, what are the rules, what are we to cook?
Is this a pure beauty contest to make the best picture (what else could it be, duh).
Hows this supposed to work?

So I'm guessing the "nearly final" rules are now final. What do you want entries photographed on? Plate, styrofoam container ?????

Bowhnter2 said:
Was the entry fee just for the t-shirt, cuz I obviously missed that?

It does get below freezing down here ya know.

Don't know if or what I would be cooking yet, but if so can I get in?
The fee was to cover the shirts and the cost of shipping the prizes...

So, are we to document the whole cook?, or, Just the finished products? or, photos of meat in snow?

How many pics per category? Limit to number of pics? :?

It probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for either of the brain trusts to call in to the show next Tuesday and talk about the contest again to bring us up to speed. :idea:

Not really, anyone who listened yesterday will tell you that I can go for an hour with no help from anyone...well, except for my brief interview with John Clayton from ESPN...but other then that, the show was all me!

Greg Rempe said:
Not really, anyone who listened yesterday will tell you that I can go for an hour with no help from anyone...well, except for my brief interview with John Clayton from ESPN...but other then that, the show was all me!
Yeah see my other post where you call me fat :LOL:

And as far as the go for an hour all by yourself without help...I'll save that one for another section.

Hey Greg, are you cooking in this? If not, come on over and take my pictures! I am actually cooking for a job that day. It is a superbowl party. I am going to do turkey/ meat loaf / ribs/ and beans. I am hoping for 65 and sunny! :roll:

Smokinlicous would like to do a pod cast of the Frozen Few event. The idea they have is to schedule each team to call the 800 number at a designated date and time during the event. They would then live record them and edit everyone once complete. Then they could post a "Frozen Few Pod Cast" on their site! They would like to do the interviews on Saturday, February 2nd in the afternoon and on Sunday, February 3rd in the morning. Anyone interested can call this number 800-941-5054 over the next couple of weeks and sign-up for a date/time.
It’s a toll free number and smokinlicous has been a gracious sponsor for this event so it would be nice if we as a group could give them something back.
Thanks
Wittdog

BTW the t shirts should be ready this week….

So, are the final rules the version post by Griff dated 11/17/07?
I don't want to get all done cooking only to find out Camel meat is not allowed, or something like that. :LOL: :LOL:
Just a random thought, but doesn't a newspaper in the photo shot semi-identify the member? A shot of the New York Times wouldn't point to JB, or me for that matter.

Rag said:
So, are the final rules the version post by Griff dated 11/17/07?
I don't want to get all done cooking only to find out Camel meat is not allowed, or something like that. :LOL: :LOL:
Just a random thought, but doesn't a newspaper in the photo shot semi-identify the member? A shot of the New York Times wouldn't point to JB, or me for that matter.
Take a bunch of pics...email them to the offical poster....with one clearly marked as your entry......

One of the judges suggested

I'm thinkin yall ought to require at least 3 or 4 picks of the cookin progress & 1 for the main entry. Us judges only need to see the main entry

wittdog said:
One of the judges suggested

I'm thinkin yall ought to require at least 3 or 4 picks of the cookin progress & 1 for the main entry. Us judges only need to see the main entry

Yea, I was wondering about the one pic per entry.
Rule #2 says...

rules said:
2. It really is the Frozen Few. Proof of snow on the ground or
temperatures below 32* at the time of the cook must be submitted
(That’s 0* C for the Canuks). Entries that cannot establish proof
of snow on the ground or temperatures below 32* will be disqualified
from the Frozen Few and automatically entered in the “Southern Comfortâ€

Back
Top Bottom