FF forecast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Griff said:
Well, that's proof Puff had snow on the ground "about a week ago".
Took the pics today. ;) ('Bout a foot and a half on the ground)
John my daughter refers to the blue tarps as "blankets". :LOL:
We call her structure "Iggblue".

Puff said:
Adrienne said:
We'll have lots of snow on the ground, forecast seven to eight inches tonight, (now THAT'S more like it, Puff :D ), with more tomorrow, Friday and Saturday, but temperature is forecast to rise to zero (celcius) on Sunday, so will just have to hope for the best. Was going to make an igloo for the event . . . there may still be time . . . ;)
This was created about a week ago by a highly experienced construction engineer.....and about 6 Bud Lights. I was stopped short of making the roof out of snow by the job superintendent(Wife :roll: ) There was a concern of cave ins.

Wives really can be hard to get along with.

I am hoping to be able to fit in a couple/few hours of construction time - that's greenhorn time, as opposed to 'highly experienced construction engineer' time - but my calendar is almost chock-a-block full. Keep your mittened fingers crossed for me. Not sure at all when I'll cook FF goodies . . . maybe start tonight - unless vodka gets in the way ;) , or tomorrow. Undecided. So many committments, so little time . . .

Really want an igloo for this year's event though :D

I just realized . . . no FF t-shirts have arrived yet! PANIC PANIC PANIC
Imagine how silly I'll look building an igloo in the front yard in my parka, which is not covered by a FF t-shirt. The neighbours will further question my sanity.

The shirts have been delayed at the printers…..moving the deadline back this year and the holidays along with the Tshirt guys schedule have prevented the Tshirts for being ready in time for me to get them out before this years event….I apologize for the inconvenience….they will be mailed out with the prizes……

:D ok, Dave, thanks! I'll just begin construction under the cover of night . . . it's all good!

Best of luck to all those competing!

I should have been prepared, but it's too late now. Had I planned to cook between 9pm tonight and 9am tomorrow, I could have hit the under 32* window - as if I'd sit up all night cooking for anything less than a lead pipe cinch at winning a new house - that's what happens when you get old.

,we ve got about 7 inches of snow plus 3 inches of ice, supposed to get down to 5° tonight and up to 25° tomorrow. Might get warm enough Sunday to get some rain instead of snow. Been this way since Monday. Just about everyone has been without power since Monday night, running generators and kerosene heaters to try to keep water lines from freezing but may not matter, now they think they are going to have to shut water plant completely down. Trying to get a bobcat to get cleaned out to the shop but not having much luck. May not even be able to cook this weekend but that's ok, we're all safe and together. Good luck to everyone, try again next year.

Just to make it more interesting, we're having a snowstorm plus this is about 75 miles away:

ALASKA VOLCANO OBSERVATORY CURRENT STATUS REPORT
Friday, January 30, 2009 12:20 PM (Friday, January 30, 2009 21:20 UTC)

REDOUBT VOLCANO (CAVW #1103-03-)
60°29'7" N 152°44'38" W, Summit Elevation 10197 ft (3108 m)
Current Aviation Color Code: ORANGE
Current Volcano Alert Level: WATCH

Unrest at Redoubt Volcano continues, though no eruption has yet occurred. Seismicity levels have increased since yesterday evening and have also risen markedly over the last hour. Pilot reports, clear AVO webcam views, and satellite and radar views confirm that Redoubt Volcano has not yet erupted at the time of this report. Redoubt remains at Aviation Color Code ORANGE and Volcano Alert Level WATCH.

AVO's website continues to be overwhelmed with traffic today likely due to the extensive local and national news coverage of this activity. A backup, low-bandwidth webserver is operating with limited information.

Staff are currently monitoring the volcano 24 hours a day. We will issue further information as it becomes available.

img_179438_0_795f7d3cb1423663386583360bec9a1e.jpg

Currently ..

img_179438_1_257fe114c7c861216c95d41065f03822.jpg

I got done with the chicken bbq at one. We did 950 half's 3, 30 packs of beer and one bottle of schnapps's

Now on to F.F. cook. Just started with a stone brewery bitter chocolate stout. Next on the list is a old plowshare organic stout. Food is on the smoker at 2 pm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom