Diva Q's 180

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I thought I would share an email I received Cc to me from one of the judges who scored Diva's 180 Non-Dessert catigory. I hope you dont mind Diva but its great.

Diva Q,

Great job at the "Que and Cruz" and your award. You really set the standard for the "Anything Butt" competition that night. As the Team Captain, I was the one dragging people away from your tent so we could make it to the next entry on time. I also told the judges to keep their comments to their selves until the completion of the circuit.

When I walked back to the judging tent, Bill & John were waiting for my reaction to the Friday night. I got to let loose at that point, and they were all smiles after my description. In short, you "nailed it" The presentation, quality, and food to fit the night, were perfect. As a former Chef, I was blown away and hope you can pass some of that expertise on to those that you teach. They (Master judges) told us to be prepared for a great evening, and your team (and others) came through.

Best wishes in your next competitions, and hope to see you in Louisa next year!

John H.

WOW...and to think she helped me out last night in a pinch for the round table...those days are fleeting I think! :D ;) ;)

Way to go Diva and glad to have you on the show last night with us backyarders ....

I guarantee she ain't giving that up...until she is WELL retired! She was even tight lipped on the backyard pork butt show last night! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;) ;) ;)

Wow Diva, that is awesome. Do you get a 180 pin for anything butt? I hope you do!
Again, congrats.

:oops:

Well thanks guys.

That was pretty cool to get that email. I don't plan on sharing that recipe any time soon. Infact I am in Saskatoon Saskatchewan this weekend just flew in for a comp here and they have an anything butt category. I am going to try it up here to see if it goes over as well.

We contacted KCBS and they will be sending another 180 pin. We now have two. One for a dessert we did and now this one. Thats really cool to us.

Well next time the wife and I head to her hometown of Chatham Ontario ur going to have to point us in the right direction for a bbq joint or ill bring my webber kettle and see if I can take out one of u pros with my ribs with a little tin 90$ grill :P good job hope to see some pics soon

Congrats on the newest 180 in your team's collection, Danielle.

You're well on your way! Too bad Jeff is no longer at Liason - now the rest of us are unable to attend his class and learn the techniques. Guess we'll just have to stay with what we know, and try to catch you! LOL.

Have a great time in Saskatchewan, and good thoughts for the same success!

Back
Top Bottom