Danville VA Competition (Jean McMann)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Its with sad news that I pass on this email I just recieved.

If anyone is interested in making a contribution Charles email is: chaynsworth@opbizz.com

Dear Fellow KCBS Competitor;

It is with great regret that I am sending this request, but also in celebration of the life of Jean McMann. Jean, the wife, partner, friend, advisor, of Bill McMann, and also a fellow KCBS competitor, lost the battle to cancer on Friday April 11, 2008.

Jean was the original organizer of the Danville Virginia Pigs in the Park, with her husband and teammate Bill McMann. Jean may have lost the battle to cancer, but she has the victory over death through her relationship with Christ Jesus her savior.

Jean and Bill were scheduled to compete at Kings Mountain NC last weekend; however that was not God's plan. Bill has asked that any donations be made to the MDRT Foundation ( http://www.mdrtfoundation.org/about.html ) that provides many contributions through the world, but especially contributions for cancer research.

I was able to meet some of you at Kings Mountain, and some teams made a donation in Jean's memory. Our plans are to present a check to Bill at the award ceremony at the Pigs in the Park on Saturday afternoon. We would like to include every team in support of Bill, if you are willing to give something. Consider if every team gives just $50.00 (or more), which many of you have already done, we will be able to present a check for the MDRT Foundation in Jean's memory for over $2,500.00.

We would like to have the checks in advance, along with your team logo to include on the "oversized" check presented to Bill. Thank you to those who have already contributed, and to all of you that will be making a donation. Help us complete this in advance, as we are hoping to have at least a response (Y/N) from every team.

This will mean a great deal to Bill, especially since Bill and Jean have always considered all of us in the KCBS as family. Bill always does his best to make the Pigs in the Park a special event. Let us all help make this year special for Bill!

Thank you for your consideration to make a donation in Jean's memory. Please feel free to call me if you have questions.

Charles Haynsworth - Neal Spivey, Roy McKinnis
Pig Me Cooking Team, Danville, Virginia

The Virginia Governors cup for this contest was renamed.

It will be from now on known as The Jean McMann Memorial Governors Cup Award. Bill about fell apart when he heard this anouncement. Jean was very missed this weekend. A check for $3500 was presented in her name for MDRT foundation. Now thats "Team Work".

damn Bill, that gave me a lump in my throat.....amazing so many
teams were involved....never met her, she must have been really
something.

Back
Top Bottom