critique these baby backs please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not a judge here but I thought they looked great...the slide
show is a distraction...had to click on each pic to be able to
see it better.....great smoke ring, nice and juicy looking.
I like the color. needed to be cleaned up...what was that
red thing on the rib in the final pic? piece of bark? gotta
get that off. Edges were rough which I hear is not good.

I'd eat all of em.

They look better than any rack I've ever cooked! I guess you gotta make em pretty for the show, huh?

JamesB said:
monty3777 said:
I certainly need to sharpen the knives soon!

Go down to wallymart, Academy etc. and pick you up a cheap fish fillet knife... You might be surprised how easy it is to make nice, clean slices with it. I think I paid $4 for mine.

I was just about to say that! Fish fillet knives are inexpensive and VERY sharp.

Stogie said:
Monty,

BTW, any news on your BBQ joint???

You know, thanks for asking. After looking at all the stuff you sent me and considering the area I live in I thought I might be able to make a go of it. However, it turns out the building is trashed. The nutcase who lives in the building (and I mean nut - he threatened to poison the whole town by putting thorozine in the water supply!) has several large dogs who have made the entire building their toilet. I'm not sure I would be able to get the place to code without doubling my investment in the building.

Anyway, you deserve more thanks than I have given you up till now for all the help you gave me through email and PMs - so THANKS :D

Back
Top Bottom