Back To Oink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wittdog said:
Our first comp was a great experience….We didn’t take any pics but this is how we placed…….
Overall 15th
Chicken 8th
Ribs 12th
Pork17th
Brisket 34th
Side 9th (
Dessert 13th
Jamaican Flair 6th ribbon winner

I’m waiting for someone to post the pics of me breaking coconuts at 7am.
BTW I have two folding chairs that don't belong to me...let me know whos they are.

One is mine but it is broken. Keep it!

Everyone what a pleasure meeting old friends and new.We had a great time!! seeing everyone again,from the laughs in the AM to the mobile coffee unit" :D :D (Thanks Dave)".
Aaron
Dizzy Pig Canada

It was all my pleasure meeting everyone from this board at Oinktoberfest. I'm not very good at the written word so to meet everyone, raise a beer, cheer the good finishes and tell a few stories is what comp cooking is all about for me.

After the contest we went to Brennen's for wings and I think they were awesome (I fell asleep while eating dinner). Jeff and I returned to the contest early Sunday to move the pit off the site. While we were there Donnie was really bitching to Jerry and Linda about the judges and scoring. After picking up Dottie (wife) we went to Niagara Falls. I've been there twice before but it truly is unbelievable. We picked the pit up around 3pm and chased rainbows all the way home.

Big congratulations go to Woody, Bruce and Bubba. Your pork win and top finish is what all of us that cook strive for. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Pig's and Kloset sorry we couldn't spend more time with your tam but it was nice to meat you both.

Tim congratulations and it was nice to see you again and we are looking forward to Lake Placid to cook with you again.

Steve thanks for the cigar and Niagara was awesome come back next year and spend the night.

John it was my pleasure meeting you even if it was ever so brief.

Witt a great big thanks to you. I really appreciate your hospitality. I hope you can come east and we can reciprocate your hospitably.

I'm sorry if I forgot anyone, I'm still really tired.

My Finishes

6th overall- I'm always happy with a top ten finnish

chicken 26th- I was happy with the chicken, I don't know what the judges want.

ribs 2nd- I liked the ribs

pork 10th- we really liked the pork and thought it have scored higher

brisket 20th- the flat was awesome but the burnt ends were overcooked

side dish 16th- we only cooked one so I don't know how the corn casserole came out.

dessert 6th- my wife was thrilled, it was here first award.

Jamaican 2nd- the shrimp always seem to score well and are easy to cook with gas.

Most congenial cook- who would have ever figured that one.

once again thanks everyone, we had a blast. I will post the pictures when they are down loaded.

brian j said:
[quote="Rich Decker":3ndps7kz]Most congenial cook- who would have ever figured that one.
rich - you're a class act and deserve that award. congratulations.[/quote:3ndps7kz]
I just wonder who was doing the cooking while he was handing out samples ;) ....Very class act..the whole team...I was most happy for his wife..the dessert they turned in had 6 hours of rising and was awsome.

wittdog said:
Our first comp was a great experience….We didn’t take any pics but this is how we placed…….
Overall 15th
Chicken 8th
Ribs 12th
Pork17th
Brisket 34th
Side 9th (
Dessert 13th

BTW I have two folding chairs that don't belong to me...let me know whos they are.

YOU DIDNT TAKE PICS!!!!!!!! What where you thinking?

Bill The Grill Guy said:
wittdog said:
Overall 15th
Chicken 8th
Ribs 12th
Pork17th
Brisket 34th
Side 9th (
Dessert 13th

[smilie=a_hrm.gif] :idea: My camera was in the Pens motor home :D
My neighbor got some but they need to get developed

wittdog said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
wittdog said:
Overall 15th
Chicken 8th
Ribs 12th
Pork17th
Brisket 34th
Side 9th (
Dessert 13th

[smilie=a_hrm.gif] :idea: My camera was in the Pens motor home :D
My neighbor got some but they need to get developed

Your not getting off the hook that easy.

Back
Top Bottom