Any News Yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The rub was a mixture of Klose Poultry rub, my own rub, and a few other "things". The brine is from BBQMMM with a few modifications to it. The chicken was burned to approximatley 165. I do have to say the taste and texture were really good. Even the skin was good...it actually finished up nicer than I thought it would. Glaze is apple juice, my rub, and some corn syrup...very very little used. Funny thing is the bottoms looked better than the skin. It was crispy though, and quite tasty...and I don't eat the skin.

Thanks again for all the answers Kloset ~ Much appreciated!

After looking at the brisket in full resolution, I take back my "too wet" comment ~ That looks great!! =P~

Thanks Uncle Bubba! :(

Uncle Bubba said:
and I don't eat the skin.

ummm...do I need to go over the rules with you?

KCBS Rules

Section 42, Paragraph 4.

"You will eat the damn chicken skin when it's good and crispy. Failure
to eat a crispy chicken skin could result in a lifetime banishment."

Jeez, these rules are more complicated than I first thought. First, I learned you got to be drunk to talk to podcasters and now you have to eat the chicken skin. It's probably a good thing there are no competitions in Alaska 'cause I don't have time to read all the rules.

Griff

The ribs were maybe some of the best I have made. Every person who tried them said "these are the best here", and we were at the end of the row. They were probably too tender. Since we were running behind temp-wise on the butts, I bosted the temp in the pit to finish them off. I think the ribs suffered a little. They were too close to "fallin off the bone." I had alot of fun though. This was a great weekend! Woody

I think the ones in Michigan were better. They had a better taste and were done a little less which would have made them done just about perfectly. Like you said when we were there though, when the general public likes 'em...you're in trouble. I don't think the general public would like perfectly done,KCBS ribs. They want them falling off the bone.

Congrats to Uncle Bubba, Klosit. And Woodman. Sounds and looks like you boy's had a good time. Wish we could have made it over, Maybe next time. Great showing! =D>

Back
Top Bottom