Another trip to NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finney - yes, I'm in Clemmons. Though I'm trying to keep a low profile in case I left Virginia owing money to somebody. 8-[

nay, the Little Pigs here is a much smaller joint, no big pig signs at all.
I believe it was started by someone who's father or brother had a joint in Spartanburg. It's not a chain. I may take some pictures today.

Ok I leave on Saturday and will be in NC for 8 days! I printed directions to all the BBQ joints on the Captain's list! :D :(

So Captain and Finney, it is worth the 30 minute drive to eat BBQ in Lexington? Is it really much better than anything in Winston-Salem NC?

I'll be honest with you ddog. I don't go to a whole lot of Q joints anymore. Anywhere. I haven't been to Lexington #1 in a bunch of years. I was going to Speedy's on Hwy 8 for several years when I would come to town because that's where my wife's parents liked to go. (And it was very good) Haven't been there in almost 2 yrs now probably. Most resently if I drive to Lexington for Q, I go to Lexington Style Trimmings. Buy two sandwiches, an order of hushpuppies and a drink and you are still less then $6.00. And it is good.

I have been in NC since Saturday and I have eaten at 4 BBQ joints already! Being new to NC BBQ I must say that the Lexington Style BBQ is really good!! Captain, thank you for the list of BBQ places! So far my favorite is The Barbecue Center. The pork and the sauce there was really good! The drive to Lexington was well worth it! Still got a few more days and a few more places to try! Yum! I will let you know how it goes!

Also do you guys like the red slaw? I am not a big fan of it. What do they put in that red slaw?

I was in NC again this last weekend. I only had time to stop by one BBQ place. I stopped by Prissy Polly's BBQ in Kernersville NC. It was really good. I might vist there next time I am in NC!

Back
Top Bottom