You can't believe it's so good - recipe added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Growing up in WVa a springtime treat was creamed peas with new potatoes. While dating my wife we went to her parents for dinner and peas and dumplings were served. My reaction was "say what". As it went, there were no leftovers thanks to me. I couldn't believe how good they were. I'll post a recipe if anyone is interested. The peas and savoy cabbage for the slaw are out of our garden.

Re: You can't believe it's so good

big dude said:
Growing up in WVa a springtime treat was creamed peas with new potatoes. While dating my wife we went to her parents for dinner and peas and dumplings were served. My reaction was "say what". As it went, there were no leftovers thanks to me. I couldn't believe how good they were. I'll post a recipe if anyone is interested. The peas and savoy cabbage for the slaw are out of our garden.

Of course we want the recipe, whats wrong with you! :shock:

Recipe

WHAT WAS I THINKING :D :D
This is one of those passed down thru the family items with no exact recipe, but here's a general recipe. Cover your peas with water and 1/4 stick of butter and cook until peas are done. Cover again with milk plus about 50%, salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, mix up some White Lily (or your favorite) biscuit mix (with a little extra liquid)and drop by the rounded teaspoon full into boiling liquid. Cook until dumplings are done, adjust seasonings, and pig out. After a time or two, you'll get the hang of the right amount of liquid for you. It should be a gravy consistency. The ones in the picture were actually a little dry and needed more milk. We try to use fresh peas, but it will work with frozen as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom