Wolfe Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
2 - 28oz cans Bush's Beans (your choice of flavor)
1lb Maple Sausage
1 - Bell Pepper diced
1 - Onion diced
1-2 Jalapenos
1/2 Cup Sweet BBQ Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
1/2 Cup Wolfe Rub Original

Brown sausage and drain most of the grease, then saute' the onion, jalapeno and bell pepper in a couple tablespoons of the sausage grease for 2-3 minutes, not till soft. Add beans, BBQ sauce and Wolfe Rub Original and let simmer over medium low heat until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.

wnkt said:
And put in an aluminum pan beside the meat while smoking..who needs liquid smoke when the real thing is right there! :D

Put it Under the Meat as it renders fat after 160 degrees internal. Yum Boy!

I've done beans in the smoker and under the meat before and just don't care for the extra fat or smoke flavor. I like the beans to compliment my meat, not taste like it or have an overpowering smoke flavor or swimming in grease. Just my opinion though, I know alot of people that like it the way you guys described, just not for me.

Larry Wolfe said:
I've done beans in the smoker and under the meat before and just don't care for the extra fat or smoke flavor. I like the beans to compliment my meat, not taste like it or have an overpowering smoke flavor or swimming in grease. Just my opinion though, I know alot of people that like it the way you guys described, just not for me.

I agree. I smoked brunswick stew and didn't care for the smoke flavor.

Larry Wolfe said:
Larry have you tried the beans the next day...JMHO but smoked beans need a day to mellow.

wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Larry have you tried the beans the next day...JMHO but smoked beans need a day to mellow.

Yes, but beans are beans, not meat........... JMO though........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom