Reuben Wonton Appetizers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
I was making Reuben Sandwiches and had wontons left over from the Crab Rangoon so I made Reuben Wonton Appetizers. Not bad but would have added hot mustard to the filling, thats for sure.

Corned Beef Brisket

1 Corned Beef Brisket with spice packet
3/4 cup Mustard
3/4 cup Honey or Brown Sugar

In a large pot boil corned beef brisket with contents of spice packet for 45 minutes per pound. Ours was 4 lbs so we boiled it for 3 hours. Mix together Honey and Mustard and make 1000 Island dressing while your waiting.

Carefully remove brisket from water and place in a backing dish or pan. I do not use a rack as it sometimes is near impossible to remove. Glaze with Honey Mustard mixture and bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove and allow to rest for a half hour or as long as you can before tearing into it.

1000 Island dressing

1 1/2 cups Mayo
1/4 cup Chili Sauce (didn't have chili sauce so I used 1 Tablespoon Sambal)
2 Tablespoons chopped Red Pepper
2 chopped hard boiled Eggs
1/3 Cup chopped green olives (22 and I remove pimentos)
6 sweet cocktail pickles, chopped
2 Tablespoons minced green onions
1 Tablespoon Paprika
Salt and Pepper

Keep in mind when chopping that this is for dressing so chop things small. Mix every thing together in a bowl. Done! Or go buy a bottle.

Reuben Wontons

1 Cup chopped or shredded Corned beef
1 Cup grated Swiss Cheese
1/4 Cup drained Sauerkraut
20 or more Wonton Wrappers
Oil for deep frying

Mix Corned Beef, Swiss Cheese and Sauerkraut. Wrap in wonton and deep fry until golden brown. Serve with home made 1000 Island or Russian dressing if you like and a nice beer. Makes about 20.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0dF1Fc8eP4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0dF1Fc8eP4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom