Jap Pooper Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Jalapeño Popper Dip ~ everyone will ask for your recipe!

6-8 slices of bacon, diced and cooked crispy
2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, soft
1 cup of mayonnaise
4-6 jalapeno's, chopped and deseeded. The seeds will make it fiery hot.
1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup diced green onion

Topping:

1 cup of crushed crackers ( I used Ritz)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 stick of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir well.

Transfer to an oven proof dish. The size of the dish depends on how thick the dip is. The thicker the dip the longer it may need to warm up. I used this stoneware dish that is round and measures 12 inches across. My dip is usually about an inch thick.

Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle all over the top of the dip.

Bake the dip for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Gabby's Goodies Via .dotcomsformoms.
— with

I thought it did too. Havent got around to making it yet. I was debating between fresh or pickled Japs. Also thinking chopped green chiles from the can might taste good in there and not be so hot for the young whuppersnappers.

Need another clarification. "Poppers" sounds good, but those "poopers", well, you know...

Don't wimp out with the pickled or the canned, use the real, fresh and complete peppers to chop. Seeds, membrane and all. I thought Texans were tough?

BOB

Well I had a load of grand kids over here at the time..I hate to scald young uns..got to break em in gradual..lol. I was weak. I feel so bad. Thinking a fire breather such as yourself might enjoy it with habs. We could call that one..Dragon Poop Poppers. Now that is catchy. Let us know how it turns out. Thanks. Habs much more flavorful than Japs ya know?

Thanks for the input on that. What version of japs did we use? How many? Was it warmish or hot?

That's on the do list :p Thanks BigWheel
I have the recipe for a famous Texas Steakhouses Snake Bites if anybody is interested?
It would have to be done by email (old members only ;) )
Don't be in a hurry, I work a lot :rolleyes:

I would sure take it. Thanks. Anything with the word Texas in the title has got to be real special.

Back
Top Bottom