Egg Nog. The dessert of Kings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
We made egg nog over the holidays. I had never had home made egg nog and I must say it was wonderful. You may need an angiogram when you are finished but thought it was well worth the trouble.[youtube:10rgg8p4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urSuGYsIi_0[/youtube:10rgg8p4]

Egg Nog

12 Egg yolks
12 Egg whites
12 tablespoons Cane Sugar
12 oz. Bourbon, more on hand
1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar
Ground Nutmeg, if you like
Warning: You will need 3 pretty good
size bowls for mixing the ingredients.

In the first bowl, beat egg yolks until thick. Continue beating and slowly add bourbon. Keep on beating and add 8 tablespoons of the sugar and beat some more until smooth. Quality check the bourbon.

In the second bowl whip egg whites until stiff adding the remaining cane sugar as you go. Check the bourbon again, sometimes it gets better.

In the 3rd bowl whip the heavy whipping cream until whipped cream like adding the powdered sugar while you are doing so.

Scoop the whipped cream on top of the beaten egg whites and fold together. Pour in egg yolk mixture and fold until mixed together. Top with a tiny bit of grated fresh nutmeg. You could serve this with a spoon as it is real thick. You could also thin it with more bourbon.

Enjoy!
Bryan

Haven't had it in years, but that recipe is much the same as my Mom's. Wicked Good Stuff.
dj

Back
Top Bottom