Creole grits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
4 cups water
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup stone-ground grits
3 tablespoons butter
Zatarain's Creole Seasoning
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
6 slices bacon, chopped
4 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup thinly sliced scallions
1 large clove garlic, minced

Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
Rinse shrimp, pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic, and Creole Seasoning to taste. Sauté for 3 minutes.

Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.

Serve with hush puppies or homemade biskits and cane syrup

wboggs said:
Pictures bond, give us pictures!!!

Are you cooking any of this stuff or reciting a cook book?

HI Yall.

I have over 500 recipies memorized. some I've typed into my computer others handed down from friends & family some even scribbled on paper plates& napkins. I have file box with folders for different types of foods cajun, mexican, italian ect... some recipes I get from cooking shows past & present. Cooking runs deep in my family roots, bond is just internet alias,
My real name is Jeff Folse, Last name ring any bells? Yup Johns a cousin,
He didin't go to culinary school, he is self taught like myself. I just didn't want to get into the restaurant/culinary business. Many friends ask me why don't I? I make a comftorble living runnig my HVAC business. All of my posts of recipes I have made in the past some have been changed or modified since they were origonaly typed some of the recipies that I posted from The Gumbo Pages are a general guide to our cooking culture but the author also provides a little history into Louisiana food,s which I think helps a yall northern lookin folks understand our methods (see I said yankee nicely) ;)

007bond-jb said:
4 cups water
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup stone-ground grits
3 tablespoons butter
Zatarain's Creole Seasoning
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
6 slices bacon, chopped
4 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup thinly sliced scallions
1 large clove garlic, minced

Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
Rinse shrimp, pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic, and Creole Seasoning to taste. Sauté for 3 minutes.

Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.

Serve with hush puppies or homemade biskits and cane syrup

My dear lord now thats eatin let me tell yall that !!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom