Creamy Fruit Fluff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
This recipe is from Taste of Home's 2003 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes.

Creamy Fruit Fluff

Ingredients:

1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
1 package (10 oz) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 carton (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Stir in pineapple, strawberries, and bananas. Fold in whipped topping. Transfer to a 13 x 9 x 2 dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes beforeserving.

Yield: 12-15 servings

*When I make this, I can never find a 10 oz container of the strawberries so I just use the closest one. Also, I do not freeze this. My family prefers it just mixed and chilled in the refrigerator.

Hope you enjoy! :grin:

Sounds great Allie, Greg will probably love this he goes for just about anything that's fruity and fluffy. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :grin: :grin:

When I made it for a small BBQ at my home with 4 adults and 5 children, it was gone in no time. I also made it for my finace's brother's wedding reception which was a hog roast. I made a triple batch and brought home maybe one serving. There was about 30 people there and it makes a good bit. It's really refreshing in summer......would be wonderful on the 4th of July!

this sounds like a whipped fruit salad my mom and grandma used to make., They used real whipping cream beat to stiff peaks and no cream cheese but I think there was some sour cream in there so it's kinda of the same taste. They added white grapes cut in half and some cut up canned peaches as well as the nanas and strawberries. They didn't freeze it either, just deep chilled it.

I know it sounds different but it's the same basic idea and texture. When I've done it myself, I use cut up fresh peaches, frozen blueberries & frozen strawberries, nanners and cut up pears. I skip the grapes. I put a bit of vanilla extract in the whipping cream and then serve the bowls of this with toasted almond slivers on top. Yum.

Back
Top Bottom