Corn with a cuban flair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
I like to grill corn and I like it grilled until it is slightly brown and dry, although my wife not so much. Either way I like to use a butter blend that a neighbor turned me onto, I believe it is Cuban.

1 stick of butter
1 half fresh Habenero, minced fine
1 tablespoon finely minced onion

Melt together and brush on cooked corn on the cob after it is cooked. It is not as hot as you might think and very tasty. I still spinkle with salt as well.

Enjoy!

Looks fine BK, how bout wrapin em in bacon too, then grillin. I think its called health food down south ;)

I think I have seen other posts where you suggest wrapping things in bacon ;-). True, bacon makes just about anything better and should be its own food group. I will have to give it a try. I have been wanting to wrap some scallops in bacon as well as shrimp. Maybe this weekend.

Loved your videos!

Kerry'sCatering said:
Speaking of wrapping things in bacon . . .

You take boneless, skinless chicken thighs and cut them in half. I marinate mine in Cajun Power Garlic Sauce for about 30 minutes or so. Place about 3 jalapeno pepper slices in the center and fold in half and wrap 1/2 slice bacon around it and secure iwth toothpick. (I use the jalapeno peppers in the jar that are labeled NACHO, because they are the milder ones). Bake uncovered at 350 degrees in the oven or grill them. They are absolutely delicious!
Now that sounds Good!!! :D

Cubans don't use butter. Spanish Olive Oil only.

And Bacon? We don't need no stinkin bacon.

Use Jamon Serrano!

Viva La Revolution! Viva Cuba! Viva Fidel.

OK, I'll shut up now.

Back
Top Bottom