Choco-cherry cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
Choco-cherry cake

Ingredients:

1 box chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1 can cherry pie filling

Directions:

Mix all the ingredients together until all the cake mix is moistened. Pour, or rather spoon as it's very thick, into a long baking dish. I use a Pyrex 9 x 13. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted is almost clean. Cool and enjoy!

This makes a brownie like consistency and is so rich it doesn't need frosting. If I'm taking it away from home, I do frost with chocolate frosting and put marischino cherries on top to garnish!

Easy and delicious!

I have never used pudding on top. Hmm, might have to give that a try! Thanks for the idea!

I actually thought about using a cream cheese or vanilla frosting on top. I like chocolate but this is really rich so that would cut it a bit.

Allie - here's a suggestion for a lighter frosting:

Blend one package of softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tub of french vanilla coolwhip. Whip it together well and then refrigeratre for half an hour before frosting whatever you plan to frost. it sets up quite well and has a nice taste.

I use this frosting on top of pound cake and then top with fresh berries or berries that have masticated in sugar. makes a superior Strawberry shortcake. Can also be used to put a dollop on top of grilled poundcake with Balsamic strawberries. i listed that recipe somewhere here on BBQ forum.

I am definitely going to have to try that cream cheese/cool whip frosting. I can think of a lot of things to put that on. I like chocolate but I LOVE vanilla!

I agree when having a treat, throw the calorie counts out the window! We usually eat pretty healthy around here but sometimes you just got to enjoy the good things in life!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom