Carmel Cream Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Carmel Cream Pie

One chocolate pie crust homemade or store-bought
2 Cans sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Tub Cool Whip

Caramelize SCM
Pour into pie crust
Refrigerate

To caramelize EAGLE BRAND®:
Microwave: Pour EAGLE BRAND® into 2-quart glass measure. Microwave on 1/2 power Medium 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Reduce to 1/3 power (LOW); microwave 12 to 16 minutes or until thick and light caramel-colored, stirring briskly every 2 minutes until smooth. Cool. Chill thoroughly.
Stovetop: Pour EAGLE BRAND® into top of double broiler; cover. Place over boiling water. Over low heat, simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until thick and light caramel-colored. Beat until smooth. Cool. Chill thoroughly.
Oven: Preheat oven to 425°F. Pour EAGLE BRAND® into 8- or 9-inch pie plate. Cover with aluminum foil; place in shallow pan. Fill pan with hot water. Bake 1 1/2 hours or until thick and light caramel-colored. Remove foil; cool. Chill thoroughly.

This is what’s for dessert today…pics to follow

Recipe from http://addictedtobbq.proboards56.com/in ... hread=6105

Thanks witt,

I've been looking for a recipe like this to try because I thinks I have another method to "To caramelize EAGLE BRAND®:"

Kroger Mexican food section: Dulce de Leche :D

After reading BW's other recipe I see he's already passed on my tip. :LOL:

Ahhh that is the grandaddy of most all bbq chat forums. It had a long and bloody history..power struggles..intigue ect. Sorta like the Frog Eating Frenchie Revolution. Few folks got beheaded etc. It now called thebbqporch or some variant. I aint kicked off I just been boycotting them for the past few years to teach em a valuable lesson. Mostly a bunch of yankee yups who wouldnt know bbq if it bit em in the coola. I pop in occasionally to make sure they aint bad mouthing me too much. Just kidding of course..lot of nice and knowledgeable folks over there..they just got real thin skins. We called folks like that little titty babies down at Graham back in the good old days.

bigwheel

ok, looked for the carmed Mexican SCM and found it
at the third store I looked.

You don't need to cook it, add eggs or corn starch.
It's much thicker than regular SCM....I used a pre-made
chocolate crust and sprinkled the top with crushed Oreo's.

Folks at work went bananas.

However,...it is RICH!

I think carming your own may help with that a little, but
this sure was easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom