Camping Pastry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Take the rolls that come in the pop up cans (ya know, the kind you bang on the table to open). Peel off one piece of dough and wrap it around a broom handle size clean dowel. Make sure the dowel or broom handle has no shellac or paint on it. Roll it over a camp fire as we've seen glass blowers do. It will cook in just a min or two. When its brown on the outside, take off the fire and let it rest a min, then slide it off the dowel and fill with anything your imagination can come up with. We used pie filling.

I noticed a lady cooking crescent rolls on a dowel at the campground when we were there. We struck up a conversation and I asked her if she was going to stuff them with anything. She said just a little butter with cinnamon and sugar. Later she came over and handed me one. OMG, was that some good stuff! Messy to eat but mighty tasty!

Sorry about that Jim! HI, how are you doing?

I've been around lurking but not posting a lot.

That sounds like the donuts my daughter learned to cook at school. She tore the middle out to make the holes and then deep fried them in veggie oil. When they were done, she sprinkled cinnamon sugar on them. They are really good!

That would pass for sopapillas in Tex-Mex land. Bite a hole in one corner and drop some butter down in there then fill em up with honey. Yum yum.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom