Seasoning Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

backyardbbq

Senior Cook
I know this may sound funny, but does any one use seasoning salt anymore? I've got other rubs I enjoy using, but every once in a while I'll pull out the old seasoning salt.

Haven't used the seasoned salt for a long while. I have smoked my own salt. Very easy to do. Makes no sense to buy it.

I use it as well, I like it on my fries and I'll throw it on chicken if I'm grilling then saucing it.

I've got the Archers Farm(Target brand) and its actually pretty good. I like to use it a lot when I grill, but I don't use it much when I bbq.

Burnt Food Dude said:
[quote="Bruce B":153e4soz]I use McCormick's Season-All Seasoned Salt...I find Lawry's way too salty.

Huh? Seasoned salt can be too salty?[/quote:153e4soz]

I wondered the same thing, I just didn't want to say anything.

I use Lawry's quite a bit for making chili. It has a little too much of a celery flavor for some folks. Fella I cook with uses Season All I think because he say it dont taste like celery so much.

bigwheel

Burnt Food Dude said:
[quote="Bruce B":1chms6s6]I use McCormick's Season-All Seasoned Salt...I find Lawry's way too salty.

Huh? Seasoned salt can be too salty?[/quote:1chms6s6]

I stand by my statement and I'll add the celery flavor also. If I'm making a rub and it calls for seasoned salt, I use the Season All instead of Lawry's...IMHO I think Lawry's makes the rub too salty...compare both and see what you think, it's just my opinion, be your own judge.

I always thought seasoning salt was seasoning salt, never realized the ingredients would vary that much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom